What's new

Dancing with the Stars Season 16 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
New cast and some new Pros announced today:
[*] Zendaya Coleman, Disney Channel star, Valentin Chmerkovskiy
[*] Andy Dick, Comedian, Sharna Burgess
[*] Dorothy Hamill, Olympic gold medal figure skater, Tristan MacManus
[*] D.L. Hughley, Stand-up comedian, Cheryl Burke
[*] Jacoby Jones, NFL wide receiver, Karina Smirnoff
[*] Wynonna Judd, Country music singer, Tony Dovolani
[*] Victor Ortiz, Professional boxer, Lindsay Arnold
[*] Kellie Pickler, Country singer and American Idol contestant, Derek Hough
[*] Ingo Rademacher, Soap opera actor, Kym Johnson
[*] Aly Raisman, Olympic gold medal gymnast, Mark Ballas
[*] Lisa Vanderpump, Reality Television star, Gleb Savchenko
[/list] Some of the popular Pros are not back and the new cast is an unusual mix. I never would have thought Andy Dick would do this. I give Dorothy Hamil the edge based on her athletic past. But then I don't know many of the others who could do well. The Pros not returning will be missed I'm sure by many. Who knew this show would go this far! Forgot to add, the new season starts March 18. Edited to add celeb's claim to fame. But couldn't get the formatting to create a clean set of columns.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This almost seems like a non-drama cast. Except maybe Vanderpump. I would expect that every single one of them knows exactly what they are getting into...and is prepared for it...well as prepared as you can be, till you do it. Not surprised they nabbed Lindsay from SYTYCD. Wonder why Chelsie didn't come back...not enough following of her own? OR she had something better, or a combination of both?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Zendaya's Disney series, "Shake It Up!", is based around a teen dance show with many production numbers, so I'd think she'd also be a favorite.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I forgot Aly was on the US gymnastics team. She might be doing well too. Wynonna could be this season's Kirstie, the entry with the big following if she dances with the same charm to win the audience.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Nelson Au said:
Wynonna could be this season's Kirstie, the entry with the big following if she dances with the same charm to win the audience.
I pity her partner Tony Dovolani. Came across the cast introduction flipping channels, it was on one of the morning "news" shows. Wynonna was grouchy and looked like she really didn't want to be there at all. She's immense and lacks all the charisma Kirstie Alley had, plus she'll probably crush her partner. Didn't look like he could support a 300 lb. woman. Dorothy Hamill looks like the obvious win, but a lot of tough cast members this season, so we just wait and see.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Ha, Ha! I had the same first impression Pat. I saw the Good Morning America reveal too Stan. Wynonna did come off a bit negative. She did say she was scared to death. So she could be one of the early ones voted off. We'll have to see when the season starts how things start to shake out.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I will be shocked if Coleman and Raisman don't go far. And Jacoby Jones, due to the history of NFL players on this show. :) What's the over/under on number of episodes before Aly Raisman does a routine to Hava Naglia?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Who was the gymnast with the "not impressed" meme from her reaction to winning a non-gold medal?

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
Patrick Sun said:
Who was the gymnast with the "not impressed" meme from her reaction to winning a non-gold medal?
McKayla Maroney. After the team appeared with Shawn Johnson last season I figured one of them would be back, but the smart money would have been on McKayla or Gabby Douglas. But Ali is certainly beautiful and if she can dance like Shawn she'll win it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hah, McKayla would have been a funner "get" for the show. Gabby would have been a really good "get", too. Aly seemed really intense when I watched her during the Olympics.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Didn't see this coming, they just announced that the Bachelor has been added to the cast. He partner is Pro Dancer Peta Murgatroyd. That's good for fans of her! I just don't know, does every bachelor go on that show to try to kick start a career in TV or find love. I think to be on TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Nelson Au said:
Didn't see this coming, they just announced that the Bachelor has been added to the cast. He partner is Pro Dancer Peta Murgatroyd. That's good for fans of her! I just don't know, does every bachelor go on that show to try to kick start a career in TV or find love. I think to be on TV.
I don't watch that craptard show... But judging by the previews, did he get jilted?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Originally Posted by Nelson Au
TMZ actually reported this before even the normal cast announcement a few weeks ago.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Nelson Au said:
I just don't know, does every bachelor go on that show to try to kick start a career in TV or find love. I think to be on TV.
Same as every other "reality" show that features characters who aren't already celebrities. Heck, they should rename Bravo to the "Getcher 15 Minutes" Network. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks