-

Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Cleopatra 50th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray) (Limited Edition Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 of 34 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,145 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted March 02 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'm not saying its not wrong, im saying i couldn't care less ;) In fact, I prefer being able to get directly into the film in a home presentation. Honestly I usually just watch the first half of this film anyway :D
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#22 of 34 OFFLINE   Robin9

Robin9

Screenwriter

• 1,842 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 08:03 AM

Honestly I usually just watch the first half of this film anyway :D

A lot of people find/have found that the first half with Rex Harrison so prominent is far more interesting than the second half where Richard Burton is so prominent.

#23 of 34 OFFLINE   OliverK

OliverK

Screenwriter

• 1,637 posts

Posted March 02 2013 - 01:50 PM

A lot of people find/have found that the first half with Rex Harrison so prominent is far more interesting than the second half where Richard Burton is so prominent.

Same here, I think the first half would have made for a really good standalone movie if extended to the originally intended 3 hours something. Richard Burton stumbling around as the biggest loser in antiquity in the second half is really depressing and drags down the movie.

#24 of 34 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,266 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted March 02 2013 - 02:09 PM

I've always felt the first half was a crackerjack film and the second half rather a dud. But I'll look forward to revisiting it when it's finally released. I haven't watched the DVD in quite a few years.

#25 of 34 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,325 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted March 02 2013 - 11:20 PM

The price went up - see first post.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#26 of 34 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,429 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 03 2013 - 02:18 AM

The price went up - see first post.

It'll come down again. I agree about it being a film of two halves. I think the first half is really good, but the second half, what a drag! You have to feel sorry for Richard Burton, he's hardly in the first half & whiny in the second, all his good stuff must have been cut out.

#27 of 34 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,259 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted March 03 2013 - 03:22 AM

I know prices fluctuate on amazon, but increase was a big one. Glad I preordered at the lower pice.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#28 of 34 OFFLINE   Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 03:39 AM

Standard Amazon price swing, it will lower the day before shipping - or a few days after to avoid the price guarantee.

#29 of 34 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,259 posts

Posted March 03 2013 - 04:39 AM

I'm with the folks who find the first half of Cleopatra much better than the second. Antony comes across as a whiny, spoiled, lovelorn brat. It's scary to think that guy could be in charge of anything more then a donkey-cart. Ok, I exaggerate a little bit.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#30 of 34 OFFLINE   RolandL

RolandL

Screenwriter

• 2,325 posts
  • LocationCromwell, CT

Posted March 03 2013 - 09:35 AM

Standard Amazon price swing, it will lower the day before shipping - or a few days after to avoid the price guarantee.

I have the UK version. Paid less than $15.

Roland Lataille
Cinerama web site

#31 of 34 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,020 posts

Posted March 04 2013 - 11:18 AM

Cleopatra: 50th Anniversary Collection for release on Blu-ray here in the States on 5/21. The 2-disc set includes the 243-minute version of the film fully restored, along with audio commentary with Chris Mankiewicz, Tom Mankiewicz, Martin Landau and Jack Brodsky, 6 documentary featurettes (Cleopatra Through The Ages: A Cultural History, Cleopatra’s Missing Footage, Fox Movie Channel presents Fox Legacy with Tom Rothman, The Cleopatra Papers: A Private Correspondence, Cleopatra: The Film That Changed Hollywood and The Fourth Star of Cleopatra), 2 Fox Movietone News segments (archival footage of the New York and Hollywood premieres) and theatrical trailers. The set comes packaged in a full-color book featuring rare images from the making of the film

#32 of 34 OFFLINE   Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

• 5,259 posts

Posted March 05 2013 - 01:23 AM

Cleopatra: 50th Anniversary Collection for release on Blu-ray here in the States on 5/21. The 2-disc set includes the 243-minute version of the film fully restored, along with audio commentary with Chris Mankiewicz, Tom Mankiewicz, Martin Landau and Jack Brodsky, 6 documentary featurettes (Cleopatra Through The Ages: A Cultural History, Cleopatra’s Missing Footage, Fox Movie Channel presents Fox Legacy with Tom Rothman, The Cleopatra Papers: A Private Correspondence, Cleopatra: The Film That Changed Hollywood and The Fourth Star of Cleopatra), 2 Fox Movietone News segments (archival footage of the New York and Hollywood premieres) and theatrical trailers. The set comes packaged in a full-color book featuring rare images from the making of the film

This seems to be just a summary of the press announcement in the original post. Is there something new here?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org

#33 of 34 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,020 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 05:56 AM

Cleopatra: 50th Anniversary Collection for release on Blu-ray here in the States on 5/21 the release date.

#34 of 34 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,145 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted March 06 2013 - 06:21 AM

Cleopatra: 50th Anniversary Collection for release on Blu-ray here in the States on 5/21 the release date.

Which is noted in the first post...
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users