Epson 6020

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 shortview

shortview

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 02:04 PM

I just had to redo my home theater due to lightning strike. I went with this projector. It replaced a 7 year old Marantz DLP. The old projector was getting dark, prob due to bulb age but the picture was crystal clear. This image is so bright, it looks grainy. It's in focus, but its like you can see the reflective dots in the screen. Not so bad on the dark screens, but when it goes to a light or white subject the image looks like a cheap TV. Any thoughts?

#2 of 5 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 814 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted February 22 2013 - 03:06 PM

Do you have a high gain screen? The 6020 puts out a fair amount of light - but nothing you can't calibrate around.
First off - ensure the lamp is in economic mode. That will drop light output considerably. Next - adjust contrast.brightness using Spears&Munsil, Avia, DVE whichever you can get access to.

Finally -failing all that, you can get a ND (Neutral Density) filter meant for cameras and put it in front of the lens which can reduce light output by multiples.

#3 of 5 shortview

shortview

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 12:37 AM

Thanks for the tips, I'll work on it today.

#4 of 5 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 23 2013 - 07:52 AM

I thought the 6020 was only sold and installed by dealers? Did a dealer install it John? If so, they should come back and fix this for you.

#5 of 5 shortview

shortview

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yes, dealer installed. I will have to call them on Monday. I was just hoping to be able to do something myself before the Daytona 500 on Sunday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users