What's new

streaming set up (1 Viewer)

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
hello , first post here, looking for feedback i have a mits 73842 dlp, denon 1513 avr with ba speakers 5.1.. a panasonic, dmp-bdt220 br,, old dell e521 and a few external tb drives, looking for advice on adding the patriot and some hd router that i will use hardwired for the most part,4 ports is plenty, i have one laptop wireless, the rest i want to hard wire for better mbs,,,,,,want to go thru br player to avr to tv for decoding and what not, iam i on the right track?

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
We bought ourselves this Cisco router for Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/E2500-Advanced-Simultaneous-Dual-Band-Wireless-N/dp/B004T9RR4A/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1361575431&sr=1-1&keywords=Cisco+2500 I had never setup a wireless network before. The instructions in the box walked me through it.......... very easy. I stream movies and tv shows from Amazon Prime with it, through my ps3, to my big screen tv. It does exactly what I want it to do. I'm even able to use my smart phone in my apartment now. I couldn't before (basement apartment). The regular cell phone service didn't work, except by the dining room window. I switched the phone service to WiFi, in it's menus, and now I'm able to make and receive calls anywhere in the house. Good luck.

ghostrydyr

Grip
Real Name
Joel
i just used the one i had and its working fine too, i also upgraded my e521 with 4g memory and a new gt450 nvidia graphics card and a new 600 watt power supply, once i fixed all the graphic issues,hooked it to the avr and mits 73 dlp and holy #$%@,,,, it is killer, with the windows media my files and music and netflix,vudu and all the rest, and another tb of movies,, i wont be able to watch and listen to everything in 100 yrs,,lol,, thats not counting the few regular cable shows i watch, I just ordered a monstercable: 2600 clean power unit for all my stuff, now im going to run the rest of my cables under the house and do a gang box for all my connects,,gonna have to lay off ebay and amazon for a day or 2,,:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks