Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Zero Hour on ABC

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 07:58 AM

I caught the premier for this on the 14th and actually liked it quite a bit.  I found it a bit rough around the edges but will chalk that up to being a new cast getting used to each other.  I definitely dig the plot line but I'm just not sure though how they will get three or even four or five seasons out of this.

#2 of 18 ONLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,027 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted February 21 2013 - 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by spshultz 

I caught the premier for this on the 14th and actually liked it quite a bit.  I found it a bit rough around the edges but will chalk that up to being a new cast getting used to each other.  I definitely dig the plot line but I'm just not sure though how they will get three or even four or five seasons out of this.

Everyone keeps trying to build the next "LOST".   A show like this really should look more to "X-Files" for inspiration.  If they get him an "in" into an unusual word and he has lots of events of the week while background chasing down the main story, it can move along fine.

It bothers me that scriptwriters seem fixated on all convoluted plotting in order to be a success.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 12:48 AM

I was thinking last night while watching the second episode, if they made this into a "American Horror Story" like show where you get a new "Zero Hour" conspiracy theory each season then I can definitely see this spanning multiple seasons.

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   Joe_H

Joe_H

Screenwriter

• 1,746 posts

Posted February 23 2013 - 04:41 PM

Everyone keeps trying to build the next "LOST".   A show like this really should look more to "X-Files" for inspiration.  If they get him an "in" into an unusual word and he has lots of events of the week while background chasing down the main story, it can move along fine.

Or more recently, Fringe.

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted February 24 2013 - 11:15 AM

About half way through the second episode and I'm enjoying the show. Didn't really think Anthony Edwards could pull off the "semi-action hero" part when it first started, but he's really pretty decent. Not sure this will run one or even two seasons, might have done better as a mini-series type of show, but it's early. Revolution is still going, so this might also make it.
Stan

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,780 posts

Posted March 01 2013 - 05:54 PM

Canceled I was casually watching it, but based on how the ratings were dropping this is no surprise. - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#7 of 18 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,263 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted March 01 2013 - 06:17 PM

I lost faith in this show when they go find the tank. I mean, really? Vast wasteland of nothing...and "nobody" sees something sitting there for 60 years?

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 10:15 AM

I lost faith in this show when they go find the tank. I mean, really? Vast wasteland of nothing...and "nobody" sees something sitting there for 60 years?

I'm there with you. Thought it started well, but it's just not working for me any more. Dropped it off the DVR schedule. Usually give new shows more of a chance, but this one's going nowhere.
Stan

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 01:15 AM

its been canceled anyway.

It takes 52 pounds of pressure to rupture an eyeball... :blink:

#10 of 18 OFFLINE   Stan

Stan

Screenwriter

• 2,193 posts

Posted March 13 2013 - 09:50 AM

its been canceled anyway.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I finally got one right, realizing this would probably fail and I bailed pretty quickly.
Stan

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 08:18 AM

My DVR caught two "new?" episodes on the 15th.  I'm really wishing they hadn't canceled this.  Most likely they were just running them out.  At least we now know what was in the big box in the back of the truck.

Edited by spshultz, June 18 2013 - 08:20 AM.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 05:32 AM

Same here and it did seem like the show was just hitting its stride - I guess it took too long to get there.

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted June 21 2013 - 06:41 AM

I did read that the show was contained...So their will be an ending at the end of the unaired episodes.  That being said.  I missed the 2 episodes that just aired.  Ugh.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted June 21 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm sure you can find them on whatever your service provider uses for "on-demand". For instance I use comcast and they are available both online and on the tv still.

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 05:07 AM

so - watched this till the bitter end. Anyone else? Thoughts?  At least they wrapped the storyline up and it was cool seeing Amy Irving again.  Her character was pretty good if a bit trite as written (the religious nutjob).  I wouldn't mind seeing her do some more roles on the small screen.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 302 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 06:02 AM

Perhaps I'm just a simple minded buffoon but I quite enjoyed this show.  I was hoping for a little more "out there'ishness" at the end but it was wrapped up and now I can move on.

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   ChristopherG

ChristopherG

Screenwriter

• 1,516 posts

Posted August 23 2013 - 09:01 AM

Perhaps I'm just a simple minded buffoon but I quite enjoyed this show. 

I can relate! Many times I walk into a thread here thinking that everyone enjoyed the topic being discussed only to find much picking of nits - I always think the same thing.

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,923 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 08:00 PM

I watched until the end...just to see what happened. Was surprised they killed off the "wife" when they did.
Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users