Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Analog Audio vinyl to digital

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   offtheroad

offtheroad

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 06:05 AM

I just ordered a USB NUMARK turntable to convert my 45rpm records. I'm on a Mac with 12GBRAM Model Name: Mac Pro Model Identifier: MacPro4,1 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 12 GB Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B08 SMC Version (system): 1.39f5 SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5 And need some education. The records are very old and very used. I downloaded the free audacity-macosx-ub-2.0.3 and am aware I'll need to do a lot of work cleaning them up digitally. I'll need some tips there and cleaning them up physically. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and the reason I'm telling you that is because we have a very dry climate here so dry that no matter what magic solution you use to clean a new un used vinyl record you will get massive pops and clicks from the static. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users