Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Analog Audio vinyl to digital

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 offtheroad

offtheroad

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 06:05 AM

I just ordered a USB NUMARK turntable to convert my 45rpm records. I'm on a Mac with 12GBRAM Model Name: Mac Pro Model Identifier: MacPro4,1 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 8 MB Memory: 12 GB Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s Boot ROM Version: MP41.0081.B08 SMC Version (system): 1.39f5 SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5 And need some education. The records are very old and very used. I downloaded the free audacity-macosx-ub-2.0.3 and am aware I'll need to do a lot of work cleaning them up digitally. I'll need some tips there and cleaning them up physically. I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and the reason I'm telling you that is because we have a very dry climate here so dry that no matter what magic solution you use to clean a new un used vinyl record you will get massive pops and clicks from the static. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users