Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

BLU-RAY DISCS FROM FRANCE

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#81 of 82 bluelaughaminute

bluelaughaminute

Stunt Coordinator

• 176 posts

Posted May 07 2014 - 01:17 PM

Just curious, if those procedures I read about on the internet for unlocking the regions on your region A blu ray player really work - you place the region B disc in your player, when the message pops up telling you it won't play, you hold down the number "1" and then it will start playing (I have a Panasonic BDT 210) ?

That is the way to switch regions if you have a modified player only .

My current Panasonic multi region player also has the UOP disabled so those pesky forced French subs on the discs mentioned earlier would be removeable - but only on that one player.

I'm not sure if it would work on a locked Region A player but I found that UK discs from  Studio Canal that were locked to region B would play on my player when it was set to Region A just by pressing STOP then MENU once the disc had stopped trying to load.

#82 of 82 Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted May 07 2014 - 01:42 PM

I see France have, Kings Of The Sun '63 for release in early June. Surely it can't be too long before someone releases the same studios, The Vikings.

WOW!!! Billy, God bless you, you have made my WEEK!  One of my old favorites comes to blu-ray, at last!  Maybe SOLOMON AND SHEBA will be close behind, too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users