Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anyone Familiar with online vendors Elegant Audiio Video.com or HIDEF Lifestyle.com?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Robbenz

Robbenz

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 05:36 PM

Any experience with either of these two online vendors. Elegant Audio is selling the speakers I like at deep discounted prices. I could buy a much higher quality model speaker given their discounted pricing. HIDEF is selling through 'Amazon but still wanted to check to see if others had any experience dealing with them? Should i steer clear of either one or both?

#2 of 3 Jason Charlton

Jason Charlton

Screenwriter

• 2,781 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted February 21 2013 - 02:44 AM

I only did a google search for elegant audio video and the results are not promising (an F-rating at BBB, etc.).

What brand speakers are you looking to buy?  You should go to the website of the manufacturer and find their list of AUTHORIZED retailers (both online and brick-and-mortar).  If they are not listed, then anything you purchase from them will NOT be warranteed by the manufacturer.  While not illegal, purchasing from these "gray market" retailers involves added risk to the buyer.  There's a chance the products are perfectly fine, but they may also be returns/refurbs, etc. and there's no way for you to know that going in.

Not sure how things work for sellers who sell "though" Amazon - it may also be that the manufacturers are voided from honoring the product warranty if not purchased directly from an authorized sellers.

I'd be careful if I were you.  Good luck.

Are you new to the Home Theater Forum? Stop by the New Member Introductions area and introduce yourself! See you there!

#3 of 3 Robbenz

Robbenz

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted February 22 2013 - 05:16 AM

THANKS so much Jason for your reply and advice to check for only authorized dealers online. I did just that and found the deal I was looking for. I am now the VERY proud owner of a new Def Tech speaker system. Can't wait until they get here. Big props out to the online vendor I purchased from -- Dynamic Sound Systems out of Arizona. Their owner (also named Jason) phoned me last night to advise that the tower speakers 8060s were now back ordered but promised delivery still by late March. Will probably hold my breath until then, but I'm feeling good about this..so fingers crossed!! Robin .........PROUD OWNER OF......... Definitive Technology BP-8060ST Bipolar Tower with Built-In Powered Subwoofer CS-8040HD Center Channel Speaker BP-8040 SS Speaker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users