Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Easter Parade Blu-ray: Garland Documentary Not Included!/?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 bob kaplan

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor

• 540 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 06:05 AM

Just watched the Movie on the new blu ray and went to look for the Garlad bio: JUDY GARLAND: BY MYSELF. i could not find it among the Special Features on the disc menue...and scouted around a bit. But i was not successful. Can someone tell me where it might be accessed? Thanks.

#2 of 7 Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

• 24,121 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted February 20 2013 - 06:17 AM

Apparently, it's not on the disc according to this thread.

http://www.hometheat...ay#post_4040077

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#3 of 7 kagemusha98

kagemusha98

Second Unit

• 267 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 06:50 AM

Even though the Bly Ray box indicates it is part of the Special Feature?

#4 of 7 Will Krupp

Will Krupp

Supporting Actor

• 863 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by kagemusha98 

Even though the Bly Ray box indicates it is part of the Special Feature?

Yup!

#5 of 7 bbath7

bbath7

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 06:32 AM

It's very strange. Warner's has never falsely advertised something like this before. The movie looks and sounds fantastic though.

#6 of 7 Escapay

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator

• 238 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Time and Space

Posted February 22 2013 - 09:23 AM

It's very strange. Warner's has never falsely advertised something like this before.

Ironically, the Blu-Ray for Meet Me in St. Louis has the opposite occur. Rather than list a bonus feature but not include it, the back of the Blu-Ray digibook fails to mention bonus features that *are* included on the disc. If I remember correctly, it only lists the introduction, commentary, isolated score, and radio broadcast, and makes no mention of any of the documentaries, theatrical shorts, or trailers, all of which are included.

#7 of 7 Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,066 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 22 2013 - 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by bbath7 

It's very strange. Warner's has never falsely advertised something like this before.

The movie looks and sounds fantastic though.

Actually, IIRC the original packaging of Eyes Wide Shut for both Blu-ray and HD-DVD incorrectly stated that it contained both the Theatrical and Uncensored versions when it only had the Uncensored. Mistakes happen.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users