Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hometheater alternatives

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 kingstrider

kingstrider

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 20 2013 - 05:59 AM

I have a sony home-theater system set up in my lounge. recently my DVD player has stopped working. I cant find a sony dvd player which is compatible with the hometheater system. People say I have to buy a new system with new speakers as no shop will sell the dvd player alone. I cant afford to buy a whole system again, and my current surround system with speakers are sitting idle. There must be an alternative to to this. Please can someone help me.

#2 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,838 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 20 2013 - 07:19 AM

That is what happens when you buy all-in-one craptastic HTiB. When one thing breaks...throw it all away and start over. But, what is the model number? Somebody might be selling the "player part" because something else in their system died...

#3 of 3 mpompey

mpompey

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 03:28 AM

Yeah, unfortunately that is the downside of the HTIB systems. Don't think of it as a total waste though. At least you got some use, but more importantly, valuable insight as to the road to go in the future. And wisdom is priceless. Forgive me if I'm channeling my inner yoda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users