What's new

IN WALL SETUP (1 Viewer)

dpraid

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel Praid
I am looking at having installed an in wall speaker system. The company has given me two options. 1 has Episode es-700 left and right and rear and es-500 center and episode subwoofer ES-SUB-CUB8-110 with a marantz 5007 reciever. The y are not the es-700 HT but the cheaper version. The other has Klipsch 265-ls L&R and 65-rt as rear and 255-ls as center and in wall episode sub with a EA-AMP-SUB-1D-110 with 7005 marantz reciever The episode setup is much cheaper by about $2,000. What do you guys think are the polk much better? I have read about in walls needing their own enclosure but it looks like the epsiodes don't only the HT versions, I can't tell if the Polk do. What about rh sub.. the inwall is in the more expensive setup but are in-wall subs ok even with the amplifier? Right now I have bose 301 and a JBL Center speaker S -series with no rear and no sub from a few years back. My question being clearly the novice that I am is will these in walls sound better than my setup even though they are in-wall? My wife wants them but I don't want subpar sound because of aesthetics. Also my rear wall is 24 feet from the TV, is that a problem.. i don't think I can do inceling because it is concrete. One more question I have is the wall they will be mounted on is the wall separating my living room and bedroom. Am I now making it so the sound will carry into the bedroom more than if the speakers were just mounted on the wall instead of in the wall. One option is to have all the wiring done but a speaker port sticking out of the wall this way I can still keep all my cable box/receiver in the closet yet use my existing speakers. Thanks for helping out a newbie, Dan

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So, which two is it? Polk, Klipsch or Episode? Whether or not an "in-wall-box" is needed is determined by the speaker you buy...and nothing more. Follow the instructions in the box. But, be prepared for "sound bleed" no matter what you do. I have never, and will never, do an in-wall set-up without using, at least, this... http://www.dynamat.com/products_architectural_dynil.html And there is also the DynaBox and En-Wall.

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
Dan, Klipsch makes some good stuff. What is the layout of the rest of the room, furniture, bookcases, etc. I've heard some Klipsch that sounded a bit bright in overly reflective areas. I'm a big fan of Axiom but I'm not a fanboy. I've had Polk in past theatres, not looking to go back to them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks