What's new

Connectivity/HDMI-loss Issue (1 Viewer)

Senojelyk

Auditioning
Real Name
Kyle
Hello, found this through a google search, was hoping someone could help me.. I just bought a new Lg 55LM4600 with 3d and I'm trying to hook everything up so I don't have to switch it around.. I have the Sony STR-KS2300 receiver and a ps3 and I'm trying to get the 3d and hq sound to work from the ps3. Right now I have the ps3 HDMI plugged into the tv, which is the only way I can get the 3d to work, if its through the receiver it doesn't recognize it. I then have an optical out from the ps3 to the receiver for the sound, but the quality is noticeably poorer then when its plugged in via HDMI. I'm trying to get a fix so I can get HDMI sound and 3d to work from the ps3, but I haven't found any fix yet. I heard a rumor on another site that if I configure my hd through the ps3 then switch the connections to run through the receiver it would keep the 3d, however this didn't work and when I attempted to turn 3d on all I got was a black screen. Do I need a new receiver? If I do, is there one I can get without needing new speakers? Thanks in advance!!

mpompey

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Michael Pompey
You need to buy a separate receiver that is 3D (HDMI 1.4 compatible). Even though separates seem more expensive, they are cheaper in the long run as you only have to swap out the individual components and not the whole systems. HTIBs are great for dorm rooms and apartments, but not much else unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks