Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Please help me select a display device...

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 of 24 OFFLINE   MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 01:36 PM

Any thoughts on how a Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch (1080p Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV) would stack up? I'm thinking of pairing this model with a Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 2 Digital Sound Projector...

#22 of 24 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,484 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 19 2013 - 07:10 PM

I don't "follow" the LCD market. The last "under 42" TV I bought was a used 26" philips I bought on Ebay for $130. I have a "big house" and being relatively close to Chicago(an hour to downtown as long as you leave after 9am)...I get lots of guests. Every single TV in the house 42" and bigger(6 total) are all plasma. This philips replaced a 19" tube in the last room of the house that was still on SD.

#23 of 24 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 20 2013 - 12:33 PM

Any thoughts on how a Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch (1080p Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV) would stack up? I'm thinking of pairing this model with a Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 2 Digital Sound Projector...

Pretty much any TV that small will look very good. Check out the Consumer Reports reliability ratings, and buy one from the most reliable company. You can't go wrong with Panasonic. I bet it's right near the top.

#24 of 24 OFFLINE   Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer

Producer

• 3,759 posts

Posted February 21 2013 - 06:20 AM

That is a "real" Panasonic--C5 models are outsourced. The IPS panel will give better off-angle performance than others, at a smallish sacrifice in black level performance. It is edge-lit but flashlighting is usually less of a problem the smaller the screen size, and is the only real way to get the slim profile you want at this screen size (Panny makes some thin plasmas but only at 55" and above). Adding the external audio will negate the audio weakness inherent in thin flat panel sets.
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users