What's new

HD Input Stopped Working (1 Viewer)

Greg Lovern

Stunt Coordinator
I've had a Philips 60PP9601 TV for ten years. The HD input seems to have stopped working. I see no signal at all when I attach a blu-ray player or TivoHD to it, but I do see video from same devices if I attach them to the 480i input. Can I replace the HD input myself? Thanks, Greg

Greg Lovern

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by schan1269
Now I'm confused. You have more than 1 Component connection and 1 HD VGA.
Which HD is not working?
I'm referring to the component inputs.
Would it make sense to look for a component-to-VGA adapter to use the TV's HD VGA input? Would that be the same resolution as Component?
Thanks,
Greg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Greg Lovern said:
I'm referring to the component inputs. Would it make sense to look for a component-to-VGA adapter to use the TV's HD VGA input? Would that be the same resolution as Component? Thanks, Greg
Uhh... Have no idea if the simple Component to VGA cable will work. You can find those for

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Here you go...Amazon has a liberal return policy...buy both, return one... http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-CPNT2VGAA-Component-Video-Converter/dp/B0014BL9PO/ref=sr_1_61?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361151725&sr=1-61&keywords=component+vga+adapter http://www.amazon.com/VGA-RCA-Component-Cable-1-8m/dp/B000FM3EQ0/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361151838&sr=1-2&keywords=component+vga+adapter (there are numerous ones to choose from. If this works..great. If not, you need the StarTech)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks