What's new

A comprehensive list of the titles MGM owns (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
http://www.mgm.com/title_title.do?title_star=HOUSEWHE# This MGM site seems to have every title they own listed (click titles). While browsing I did notice SCANNERS is not listed, nor 1982s PARADISE. But was surprised to see the 1978 THE BIG SLEEP as theirs after years of Lionsgate ownership. Its fun to see how many titles they still have not released. I can see many of these go via Shout! (VICE SQUAD and DEADLY FORCE are theirs -good df for Shout or TGG ) or TGG. Have fun

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
looks like they own the rights to battle taxi and wild geese II.

walter o

Supporting Actor
that isnt the Wings Hauser VICE SQUAD. Its a 1953 Edward G Robinson film. 1982 VICE SQUAD is with Lions Gate.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
That site lists titles that MGM owns, yes, but that's not an all-inclusive territorial or media list. For example, the ITC-produced THE BIG SLEEP remake is still listed because it was theatrically released by UA, so in the odd chance someone wanted to play it, they would provide the print. Also, while MGM sold off the ITC library that they inherited from Polygram to what is now ITV, they do still have some TV rights (since they folded ITC's syndication arm into theirs) for a while. In other words, MGM has certain rights for certain countries or divisions (theatrical, TV, video), but not all titles will be valid for all categories. So yeah, Lionsgate still has DVD rights to THE BIG SLEEP. MGM did get WILD GEESE II due to the short-lived period that Cannon owned the EMI library. While the bulk of those titles ultimately went to StudioCanal, the very last of their theatrical projects (DREAMCHILD, MORONS FROM OUTER SPACE) stayed with Cannon and went to MGM. Universal, distributor through the old AFD contract, however still has theatrical rights to those movies.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
That was interesting and informative, thanks. I realized later that this was not the Hauser VICE SQUAD. Lionsgate? I also did not see MEAN DOG BLUES listed. Is that now with Paramount through the Bing Crosby library?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Louis Letizia said:
I also did not see MEAN DOG BLUES listed. Is that now with Paramount through the Bing Crosby library?
MGM might still have TV rights from when Cinerama shut down and farmed out to AIP, but yes, MEAN DOG BLUES is otherwise a Paramount property through Cox Broadcasting and BCP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks