Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Black verticle line on 52" Sony Bravia XBR LCD

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 martyjay75

martyjay75

Extra

• 17 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 04:34 AM

Looking for some insight on a problem I've recently noticed with a 52" Sony Bravia LCD TV. It's just over 3 years old and I recently noticed a pixel wide vertical black line about 3 inches from the left edge of the screen. I had been reading that this is probably either a dead or stuck pixel. But my understanding is that a stuck pixel would look white against a color screen and a dead pixel would look black. I had been thinking this sounded more like a dead pixel, but, after the TV warms up a bit (around 15 mins after turning it on) the line disappears. I also noticed the line is more pronounced against red to yellowish colors and less noticeable in the green/blue spectrum. Any ideas or insight on what's going on? Is this likely to get worse if I don't have it repaired? Or is there something simple I can try to resolve the issue? Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users