Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

The Dark Knight Rises: nice extras But ........

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 873 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 09:19 AM

This is a great Blu Ray ...But after seeing it in Imax ,it hardly compares All the Magic of seeing this in Imax is gone ,If one never saw the film in Imax one would think the disc is one of the Best that came out ,which is true ....still

#2 of 10 Adam4Rizzel

Adam4Rizzel

Agent

• 29 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 01:03 PM

This is a great Blu Ray ...But after seeing it in Imax ,it hardly compares All the Magic of seeing this in Imax is gone ,If one never saw the film in Imax one would think the disc is one of the Best that came out ,which is true ....still

I agree, but once 4k becomes the norm, we'll have more of that theatre experience back. Just give it time, my friend.

#3 of 10 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,197 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Adam4Rizzel 

I agree, but once 4k becomes the norm, we'll have more of that theatre experience back. Just give it time, my friend.

But it still won't compete with IMAX - no home theater could...

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#4 of 10 Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 833 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 04:34 AM

This is a great Blu Ray ...But after seeing it in Imax ,it hardly compares

I guess you'd better buy yourself an Imax installation, but watch out- they're not cheap.

#5 of 10 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,000 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 15 2013 - 03:19 PM

I'm sorry, but it seems a bit absurd to lament not being able to see the film in IMAX. Does any home viewing compare well to a well-done theatrical presentation? If any film was a big-time experience in IMAX, it was Avatar. I still enjoyed watching It at home in 2D and even more so when I got 3D. Accept your home theater for what it is and enjoy it.
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#6 of 10 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• 5,000 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted February 15 2013 - 03:19 PM

DP
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#7 of 10 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 873 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 03:41 PM

didn't see Avatar in Imax only 3D while it was great and I got the BR ,Avatar wasn't real Imax so I don't think 1080p from 4k isn't as big a leep as Imax to 1080p pus thats almost a Animated film with so much green screen the Dark Knight imax shots looked like a 8x10 view camera image compared to a 35mm one

#8 of 10 Vincent_P

Vincent_P

Screenwriter

• 1,695 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 04:10 PM

didn't see Avatar in Imax only 3D while it was great and I got the BR ,Avatar wasn't real Imax so I don't think 1080p from 4k isn't as big a leep as Imax to 1080p pus thats almost a Animated film with so much green screen the Dark Knight imax shots looked like a 8x10 view camera image compared to a 35mm one

I did see AVATAR in IMAX 3-D and while it was a very good presentation, it didn't come close to comparing to the *REAL* IMAX sequences in the last two DARK KNIGHT films. In fact, AVATAR in "real" (i.e., 15-perf 70mm) IMAX-3-D didn't even fill the entire IMAX screen, it was "windowboxed" with noticeable empty space on the top, bottom, left and right. I saw it in the same theater I saw both DARK KNIGHTs- the enormous, real IMAX screen at the AMC Loews Lincoln Square, and for both of those films, the IMAX sequences filled the entire huge screen in crystal-clear look-out-the-window stunning detail, while the 35mm sections filled it side-to-side while being matted top/bottom to 2.4:1. Vincent

#9 of 10 Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,197 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 01:10 AM

So what's the point of this thread?  That a TV at home isn't as good as a movie theater?  Is this news? Posted Image

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#10 of 10 Peter Neski

Peter Neski

Supporting Actor

• 873 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 01:55 AM

well This is a Special case,How many feature Mil dollar Hollywood films come out in true Imax, This is not a problem with most films,this might be the last time,We all had memories of how great 70mm use to be,This topped those ,and e 35mm parts looked excellent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users