What's new

The Dark Knight Rises: nice extras But ........ (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
This is a great Blu Ray ...But after seeing it in Imax ,it hardly compares All the Magic of seeing this in Imax is gone ,If one never saw the film in Imax one would think the disc is one of the Best that came out ,which is true ....still

Adam4Rizzel

Agent
Real Name
Adam J
Peter Neski said:
This is a great Blu Ray ...But after seeing it in Imax ,it hardly compares All the Magic of seeing this in Imax is gone ,If one never saw the film in Imax one would think the disc is one of the Best that came out ,which is true ....still
I agree, but once 4k becomes the norm, we'll have more of that theatre experience back. Just give it time, my friend.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam4Rizzel
I agree, but once 4k becomes the norm, we'll have more of that theatre experience back. Just give it time, my friend.
But it still won't compete with IMAX - no home theater could...

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
Peter Neski said:
This is a great Blu Ray ...But after seeing it in Imax ,it hardly compares
I guess you'd better buy yourself an Imax installation, but watch out- they're not cheap.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I'm sorry, but it seems a bit absurd to lament not being able to see the film in IMAX. Does any home viewing compare well to a well-done theatrical presentation? If any film was a big-time experience in IMAX, it was Avatar. I still enjoyed watching It at home in 2D and even more so when I got 3D. Accept your home theater for what it is and enjoy it.

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
didn't see Avatar in Imax only 3D while it was great and I got the BR ,Avatar wasn't real Imax so I don't think 1080p from 4k isn't as big a leep as Imax to 1080p pus thats almost a Animated film with so much green screen the Dark Knight imax shots looked like a 8x10 view camera image compared to a 35mm one

Vincent_P

Senior HTF Member
Peter Neski said:
didn't see Avatar in Imax only 3D while it was great and I got the BR ,Avatar wasn't real Imax so I don't think 1080p from 4k isn't as big a leep as Imax to 1080p pus thats almost a Animated film with so much green screen the Dark Knight imax shots looked like a 8x10 view camera image compared to a 35mm one
I did see AVATAR in IMAX 3-D and while it was a very good presentation, it didn't come close to comparing to the *REAL* IMAX sequences in the last two DARK KNIGHT films. In fact, AVATAR in "real" (i.e., 15-perf 70mm) IMAX-3-D didn't even fill the entire IMAX screen, it was "windowboxed" with noticeable empty space on the top, bottom, left and right. I saw it in the same theater I saw both DARK KNIGHTs- the enormous, real IMAX screen at the AMC Loews Lincoln Square, and for both of those films, the IMAX sequences filled the entire huge screen in crystal-clear look-out-the-window stunning detail, while the 35mm sections filled it side-to-side while being matted top/bottom to 2.4:1. Vincent

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
well This is a Special case,How many feature Mil dollar Hollywood films come out in true Imax, This is not a problem with most films,this might be the last time,We all had memories of how great 70mm use to be,This topped those ,and e 35mm parts looked excellent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks