Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek TNG "The Best of Both Worlds" Blu Ray

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Jose Martinez

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter

• 1,113 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 04:51 AM

With season three about to be released I kind of find it odd they are also releasing what most fans consider the 2 best episodes (or one depending if you count it as one) of the TNG series.  Just curious about the specs though.  Amazon lists it as 1.85:1 but the season sets have been 1.33:1.  Anyone know what the real specs are?  The trailer is 1.33:1 so I'm thinking it'll be the same but it's perhaps the theatrical cut on April 25th would be in 1.85:1?

http://www.startrek....-worlds-blu-ray

http://www.amazon.co...wl_mb_recs_4_dp

Live Free or DIE!!!!!

#2 of 7 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 1,984 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 04:58 AM

Should be 1.33:1 pillarboxed. Amazon frequently makes mistakes.

Actually this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Best of Both Worlds could have been an incredible movie if they had the budget and seeing a film edit of it would be a great "what if?"

#3 of 7 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,896 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

Posted February 14 2013 - 05:32 AM

[quote] Originally Posted by Lord Dalek View Post Should be 1.33:1 pillarboxed. Amazon frequently makes mistakes. Actually this sounds like a pretty cool idea. Best of Both Worlds could have been an incredible movie if they had the budget and seeing a film edit of it would be a great "what if?"[/quote[ The only problem of BOBW as a "movie" is that wonderful cliff-hanger falls completely flat when sandwiched together with part 2. I suspect this disc is going to be nothing more than the two episodes cut together with the cliffnanger/reprise taken out. If enough film elements of alternate/deleted scenes exist for this story, though, it would be a great opportunity to do a 'special edition' re-edit to make it "different enough" for most fans to want it.

#4 of 7 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,896 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

sorry, my connection was playing-up, so the above post got duplicated. Mods, feel free to delete.

#5 of 7 AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney

Screenwriter

• 1,896 posts
  • LocationKentucky, USA

sorry, another duplicate.

#6 of 7 Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,615 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted February 14 2013 - 03:45 PM

My best guess is this will be the movie version which was released overseas on DVD but not in the States.  It's also going to be shown at the April theater event for S3.  If it's anything but 1.33, I'll expect the pitchforks to be out for CBS.

#7 of 7 Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer

Producer

• 5,593 posts

Posted February 16 2013 - 12:11 PM

I don't see any reason this couldn't have been included in one of the season sets, other than a way to grab a little more cash out of the franchise. :rolleyes: If anything, it could have been included in the sets and be available standalone for those not willing to fork out for the sets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users