Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

101 - I need help amplifying my electro static speakers!

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Ben Hendrix

Ben Hendrix

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted February 13 2013 - 01:12 AM

My setup: Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR1009 THX CD: OPPO BDP-93 Speakers: magneplanar electro static speakers As great as my receiver is, it just is not enough power to really BOOST my speakers to their full capacity (especially when playing my turntable through the phono). I'm pretty new to mid-fi systems and really need help to figure out what i need next. Should i purchase a Onkyo M-282 2-Channel Power Amplifier and take the preamp outputs from my receiver to this power amp and then connect my speakers to the new m-282 amp? Any help you could give me would be great!! Thanks, Ben links: Onkyo-M-282-2-Channel-Power-Amplifier Onkyo TX-NR1009 THX

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,191 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 13 2013 - 01:36 AM

That would be a good choice yes. Around the same price, if you can handle used...NAD "PE", Nikko and SAE are great choices. The last Maggie I had(MMG ii) I used a Kenwood M2A. But yes, the basic question...yes pre-out to the input of the amp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users