What's new

battlestar galactica on dvd-original series. (1 Viewer)

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i am wondering if universal will release the series on single sided dvds like they just did with buck rogers in the 25th century.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I attended WonderCon in Anaheim this past weekend and had the chance to talk with Richard Hatch briefly. We chatted about his HAWAII FIVE-O and STREETS OF SAN FRANCISCO appearances before we got around to discussing GALACTICA, when I posed the question about whether he'd heard anything regarding a blu-ray release of the series. To my surprise, he definitively stated that it's coming, but he wasn't sure whether or not the studio would be using new transfers. He also didn't have a specific time frame. We both agreed that we hoped Universal wouldn't screw it up.
Anyway, just thought I'd share that with you guys. It's possible he's simply speculating, but he seemed pretty certain, without having much other news to report about it.

BTW, if you ever get the chance to meet him at a con, you should do so. He's a pleasure to talk to, and seems to genuinely appreciate his fans.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Great News and Thanks!! We know the movie will be out this year in HD so I had hoped the series follow the release of the movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Good to hear. The original show deserves the high def treatment.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
i am wondering if the series did come to bluray if the matte shots would be fixed so we wouldn't see film on top of film. those boxes around some of the ships.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
if they ever do decide to revisit the original series, I hope they'll dip back into the film archive and present us with more behind the scenes footage than we got on the DVD release. There were some brief glimpses of the stuff in the documentaries (such as a brief close-up or two of the Imperious Leader), but the glimpses were all too short for my liking. I know long reels of studio footage can get boring, but I'm sure there's a better balance that could be struck.

Also, some clean-up of the deleted scenes would be nice, as would the blooper reel, and any deleted scenes that may not have been used (or found) last time around (and anything from the 2-hour telefilms that didn't get included in the deleted scenes package last time).

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The one telemovie scene not included in the earlier set was from "Lost Planet Of The Gods" where Adama talks about the last days of Kobol and how when the Colonies were settled all the technology was destroyed as a sign of repentance.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Jack P said:
The one telemovie scene not included in the earlier set was from "Lost Planet Of The Gods" where Adama talks about the last days of Kobol and how when the Colonies were settled all the technology was destroyed as a sign of repentance.
Thanks for that! I thought I remembered reading that although most of the telemovie additions were in the deleted scenes package, there was still something missing!

Another thing I'd like to see (if it's still in the archive): some footage with Paul Frees' original voice-work for Lucifer, before the producers decided to hire Jonathan Harris.

Also, not likely in the least, but I would really love to see an "original cut" of the pilot movie (that restores all of the 'Serina's illness' cuts to their proper place in the narrative, with footage cleaned-up, music, etc., but I'm sure that's about as likely as Richard Hatch's revival getting produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks