Built-in home speakers hook-up, help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   ckirkle780

ckirkle780

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 04:11 PM

I've had 4 built-in speakers in my room for 6 years and I've finally decided to take the initiative to figure out how to hook them up so I can hook up my music to it! :) The pictures (hopefully they show up!) show the wires in my wall and the ends of the wires, and that they have writing on them which I've taken to mean "right rear, left rear, right front, left front". BUT, I'm a total noob and I have no idea even where to start with this... Help?? :)

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,180 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 07:27 PM

It will be a straightforward connection to your receiver. The only trick is you may have to turn off the center channel in the set-up menu if your receiver doesn't have auto calibration. What model receiver do you have?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Doug Hess

Doug Hess

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 11:10 PM

Morning, Cassidy. I'm not sure if you're still out there, but if you're ever unsure about which wire a speaker is attached to, just get a 1.5-volt battery (AAA, AA, C, D) and touch the speaker wire leads to the ends of the battery. That'll make the speaker give out a little noise so you can determine which speaker that wire goes to. Just a little tip I've used for years. :) -Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users