Photo
- - - - -

Shout Factory Press Release: Crimewave (Blu-ray Combo)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,311 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 03:30 AM

from director sam raimi

and written by ethan coen, joe coen & sam raimi

CRIMEWAVE

STARRING LOUISE LASSER, PAUL L. SMITH, BRION JAMES,

SHEREE J. WILSON, EDWARD R. PRESSMAN, BRUCE CAMPBELL

BLU-RAY™ + DVD COMBO PACK

OUTRAGEOUS CULT CLASSIC FINALLY HITS HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES!

OWN IT ON MAY 14, 2013 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

“A boisterous, goofy, cartoonish comedy in the Airplane mold!” – Daily Variety

Hilariously irreverent 80s comedy CRIMEWAVE, directed by legendary filmmaker Sam Raimi and penned by notable Ethan Coen, Joel Coen and Raimi, will finally debut on home entertainment shelves everywhere!

Featuring an extraordinary cast of Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead), Louise Lasser (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), Paul L. Smith (Midnight Express), Brion James (Blade Runner), Sheree J. Wilson (Walker, Texas Ranger) and Edward R. Pressman (American PsychoWall Street), CRIMEWAVE is a zany comedy that blends elements of slapstick humor and crime film noir.  On May 14, 2013, Shout! Factory will unleash CRIMEWAVE Blu-ray™ + DVD Combo Pack on store shelves in the U.S and Canada. Available for the first time on Blu-ray™ and DVD, this highly anticipated home entertainment release features anamorphic widescreen movie presentation and exciting bonus content. This must-have Blu-ray™ + DVD combo pack has a suggested retail price of $26.99.

CRIMEWAVE  Blu-ray™ + DVD Combo Pack

Synopsis

In a nod to film noir, the head of a security systems company is bumped off by two gonzo exterminators who have gone from stomping out pesky varmints to stomping out human targets. The exterminators go after the partner who hired them and his blatantly obnoxious wife (Louise Lasser) and, in the meantime, frame a poor security guard (Reed Birney) for the murder of the company boss.

Special Features are currently in development. Shout! Factory will announce final bonus content and additional news in forthcoming months.

EMBASSY FILMS ASSOCIATES Presents

A PRESSMAN/RENAISSANCE Production

“CRIMEWAVE”

Starring LOUISE LASSER, PAUL L. SMITH, BRION JAMES,

SHEREE J. WILSON, EDWARD R. PRESSMAN, BRUCE CAMPBELL

And REED BIRNEY

Executive Producers EDWARD R. PRESSMAN and IRVIN SHAPIRO

Produced by ROBERT TAPERT

Written by ETHAN COEN & JOEL COEN & SAM RAIMI

Directed by SAM RAIMI

(BD): 1080p High-Definition Widescreen/DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

(DVD): Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)/Dolby Digital Audio Mono

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 3 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• PipPipPip
  • 9,520 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 11 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'm dead excited for this one. Hoping for some cool features, but I'll take just the movie so I can retire my copy of a copy of a copy.

My wallet cries me to sleep!

This post kills threads!

#3 of 3 Richard V

Richard V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 02:38 AM

Oh Snap! When I read the title I thought it referred to the B&W Noir 1954 film with Sterling Hayden and Charles Bronson.
See you at the pah-ty, Richter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users