What's new

Novice with set-up question (1 Viewer)

drewfus813

Auditioning
Real Name
drew
I am buying a new HDTV for my living room and am not sure how to get everything I want when I set it up. I am looking to have surround sound, as well as be able to play music, possibly with wireless speakers on my deck which is right off of the living room. I am not sure if I should get a receiver, or if I can just get a speaker system and then something separate to play music? I saw the Sonos speakers in Best Buy, but am not sure if they are for what I am looking to do. I should mention that my wife would like as few wires as possible running through the room. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You need an AVR with 2nd zone pre-out(easy to find). Wires are going to happen...cause even "wireless" speakers...need wires.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
To help us, help you... We need more(much more) information. What audio do you want to play outside? CD? FM radio? Itunes? NAS? The answer to those questions will also answer the questions for which AVR to buy(or at least narrow it down) And what sources for the 5.1? Cable/Sat? DVD? VCR? BD? Netflix/Vudu/Hulu(and how are you using them? ATV? Roku? laptop?)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks