What's new

Carver A753X worth repairing? (1 Viewer)

Forte_II

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Do you guys think it is worth 350.00 to have this amp refurbished? repaired and All caps replaced with high quality Electrlitics... I have one just sitting hear that wont make any sound... 8-ohm FTC rated power/ch 250 W 4-ohm FTC rated power/ch 400 W 2-ohm dynamic power/ch 750 W 4/8-ohm FTC rated THD 0.08% Input Impedance (Line) 47 kohms Gain 29.0 dB (+/- 0.5dB) Rated full power bandwidth 20-20kHz Dynamic Headroom >1.0dB @ 8 ohms all channels driven Damping >150 typical (20Hz - 20 kHz) In setting out to design the A-753x Carver's engineering team drew on lessons learned in the design and building of the acclaimed Lightstar Reference amplifier, a development hailed recently in "FI" magazine as "evidence that Carver Corporation has made a strong commitment to first-rate build quality as well as to engineering innovation." The A-753x uses Carver's newest power amplification technology "Magnified Current". This technology enables the A-753x to provide either twice the continuous voltage or twice the continuous current needed by the loudspeaker load at any given time. With more than enough current and voltage-peak or continuous- the Lightstar-inspired A-753x is the ultimate consumer amplifier on the market today.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Uh, yeah... I've seen those sell in used "unknown" condition for $600-800. Ones that have been repaired so that they are "new" fetch a minimum of $1000. Of course to get $1000...you have to find a "Carver nut"...otherwise it is just another used $800 amp. Cause only a Carver nut cares if it has been repaired. But if you "already have it"...you aren't replacing it for the same cost of the repair. And it might even end up better than it was NIB.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah, I know this is from 2010(decent forum...at times)... But the guy darn near gave it away...I know numerous people who puked up their lunch when they saw it, after the fact. http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=2343.0

Forte_II

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Thanks! :) Looks like i got A great amp for 350.00 after the refurbish! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks