• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Hofstadonair

Hofstadonair

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 03:42 AM

Some people already know, I'm a very beginner at this. I have a set up of the following things: Marantz PM8000 amplifier Marantz DV7600 (DVD and SACD player) Marantz ST6000 tuner Some companies modify your cd or tuner. In holland we have Heart and Van Medevoort. I was just wondering some things: What do they do during a modification? Is it worth the money to modify a DVD player and a tuner? Is this set up worth modifying? Hope to hear soon.

#2 of 3 Dave Upton

Dave Upton

Owner

• 714 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted February 08 2013 - 03:54 AM

The modifications usually are replacement of existing parts with "higher quality" parts. This typically means military spec so that variances are tighter. It will generally yield a sonic improvement for processors/tuners - but the cost isn't usually worth it.

These sorts of offerings need to be pretty well explained to be worth your money. What exactly does their service state?

#3 of 3 Hofstadonair

Hofstadonair

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 04:02 AM

The modifications usually are replacement of existing parts with "higher quality" parts. This typically means military spec so that variances are tighter. It will generally yield a sonic improvement for processors/tuners - but the cost isn't usually worth it.  These sorts of offerings need to be pretty well explained to be worth your money. What exactly does their service state? 

Both companies say they will replace some components and the energy supply will be replaced. Heart (as in Tubed by Heart) is the expensive one. They ask around 390 for a tuner. Van Medevoort does the tuner for 150 and the DVD for 250.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users