What's new

Modification of DVD player and tuner (1 Viewer)

Hofstadonair

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Postema
Some people already know, I'm a very beginner at this. I have a set up of the following things: Marantz PM8000 amplifier Marantz DV7600 (DVD and SACD player) Marantz ST6000 tuner Some companies modify your cd or tuner. In holland we have Heart and Van Medevoort. I was just wondering some things: What do they do during a modification? Is it worth the money to modify a DVD player and a tuner? Is this set up worth modifying? Hope to hear soon.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
The modifications usually are replacement of existing parts with "higher quality" parts. This typically means military spec so that variances are tighter. It will generally yield a sonic improvement for processors/tuners - but the cost isn't usually worth it. These sorts of offerings need to be pretty well explained to be worth your money. What exactly does their service state?

Hofstadonair

Auditioning
Real Name
Paul Postema
David Upton said:
The modifications usually are replacement of existing parts with "higher quality" parts. This typically means military spec so that variances are tighter. It will generally yield a sonic improvement for processors/tuners - but the cost isn't usually worth it.  These sorts of offerings need to be pretty well explained to be worth your money. What exactly does their service state? 
Both companies say they will replace some components and the energy supply will be replaced. Heart (as in Tubed by Heart) is the expensive one. They ask around 390 for a tuner. Van Medevoort does the tuner for 150 and the DVD for 250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks