Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Optoma GT750E and Projector Calculator question?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 JOHNnNM

JOHNnNM

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 03:29 AM

So, I find a screaming deal on refurbed Optoma GT750E's. I go to Projector Calculator and it won't let me go any closer to the screen than 5', other short throw projectors let me go as close as I want using Projector Calculator. Is there a real limitation on focus or some thing with this particular projector that makes it so 5' is closest to the screen you can place it? Thanks in advance,

#2 of 4 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 08 2013 - 10:16 AM

It probably cannot focus clearly less than 5' from screen. A call to Optoma will answer this.

#3 of 4 JOHNnNM

JOHNnNM

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 06:30 AM

Interesting if true. My GT700 focuses at mere inches away from the screen just fine.

#4 of 4 JOHNnNM

JOHNnNM

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 04:10 AM

Not sure why on the 5' thing. The GT750 will also focus mere inches away from the screen.... I settled in on a 96" 16:9 screen about 5' away though...... Screen is on order from HTDEPOT which is now called SIMPLYLOW.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users