Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Need advice on Amps for HT setup with HSU speakers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 tcsekhar

tcsekhar

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 12:12 AM

I'm building a home theater 24 x 16 room and planning to use HSU HC1 MK2 speakers for all channels (with a 3 vertical HC1 setup for center) - a total of 9 HC1 speakers, a set of Polk RTI12 (haven't decided if I would want both HC1 and RTI12 for FL and FR), and a pair of VTF75H and finally a MBM12 MK2. I currently have a Onkyo 809 (I'm not planning on a new better preempt at this point). I'm thinking to get a pair of Emotiva XPA5 to drive the 9 channels for the HC1 speakers, and possibly a Behringer 4000 amp for the RTI12. I need some sincere advice from pros like you to know if I really need XPA5 to drive the mid to high freq speakers or am I better off with a lower power UPA 700 amplifier. Also, am I making the right choice for the RTI12 by going with Behringer 4000. Thank you in advance.

#2 of 2 tcsekhar

tcsekhar

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 12:16 AM

Sorry a typo in subwoofer model #. Its two VTF15H.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users