What's new

mounting my screen (1 Viewer)

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
So I'm still in waiting to get my projector so I can start measuring everything out to build my screen (will use spandex) I'm just trying to get as much of the planning done before hand as possible. Figured I would see what people thought about the best ways to mount the screen to the wall. I was thinking about buying a flat screen tv mount but figured I'm sure there's other options that are just as easy and a lot cheaper. I was also thinking about just using large picture/mirror hangers but think those might irritate me with the 110"-120" screen. As always thank you :) i always enjoy talking to everyone and learning new things. you guys make my life so much easier lol

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
Also... does anyone know if this universal mount will work for the benq w1070? www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TUDOQ8/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1360261039&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
I know it wont take me long. Especially since ill have access to power tools. Lol but what does that have to do with anything?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Until you know exactly where you are putting your screen....You won't even know the size. Have you downloaded the owner's manual for the projector? All the schematics are in it.

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
I have a pretty good idea of what the size will be. But that's why I'm waiting till I get the projector to get final measurements and build. But still don't see what that has to do with anything that I'm asking. I have a pretty good handle on what I'm doing. Just looking for suggestions on how to mount it to the wall

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Picture hangers work for the vast majority. But what are you making the frame with? If 1x2, you could use L brackets and screw it to the wall.

ARM420

Agent
Real Name
Tony
Ya I was planning on making it out of 1x3 or 4s. Depends on which I can find straighter at my local lumber yard. And I'd like it to be a little easier to mount and unmount then having it bolted to some studs. I think ill probably just go with the picture hangers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks