Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Questions on set up with Samsung 3D -LED7500 - Dish - PS3 and Samsung HTiB HT-E4500

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Awolsmom

Awolsmom

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 12:06 PM

I have a simple set up with 4 devices that has become very complicated. :confused: Can not get all speakers to work with new Samsung 3D BluRay HTiB. I am trying to set up a Samsung BluRay 3D HTiB with Dish TV, PS3 and my Samsung LED tv with no luck with the all speakers working. I am not getting sound out of my 2 surround and center speaker but the left right and woofer are ok. I have tried HDMI, audio cables from Samsung TV (Samsung audio black jack with red & white to BluRay), Samsung two prong green plug with red/white plug, Optical cable. I have run out of combinations and need advice. No luck with asking Samsung support. I have gone thru Anynet and sound settings. I have had the BluRay set on Aux (but tried all others). The tone test worked fine. Unplugged and plugged back in for hard reset.

#2 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,900 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 06 2013 - 12:20 PM

Did you connect the PS3 to the optical input on the HTiB? OR...."what" can you not get 5.1? Everything? or what?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Awolsmom

Awolsmom

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 01:20 PM

I have the PS3 right now playing the BluRay movies until I get the connections correct on the new Bluray player. The problem may be that I have the HDMI plugs DVI and ARC from the TV hooked up to the PS3 and Dish TV. The speaker plugs are color coordinated so no confusion there. The Dish receiver connection is very complicated since it involves a splitter so I can have PIP and also see in another room. I'm disappointed that the QWERTY remote for the TV can not operate the HTiB other than off/on. I have not ventured to undo the PS3 connection to the TV....it took 3 different techs from Dish to make everything work. The former audio system was audio cables (Black with red/white) from the TV directly to the audio system receiver....it was a cheap Panasonic under 500 watts :rolleyes:

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,029 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 08:20 AM

Hi Schan! Appreciate you helping this gentleman any way you can.  He sent me a PM with his situation.  I know these HTIB setups can be a pain-in-the-neck with their special connections (if that is the problem at all).

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#5 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,900 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 09:20 AM

His first problem is he didn't buy the right HTiB with enough inputs. He needs a toslink switch.

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Awolsmom

Awolsmom

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:41 PM

This was the right HTIB that Samsung suggested for the 3D tv - - and it has HDMI, Optical and the various red white yellow audio inputs. What is a toslink switch and how does it work with this type of set up and what would this do to make to make ALL the speakers work?

#7 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,900 posts

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:54 PM

This HTiB has no video inputs...none. The HDMI is out only. Yellow is not for audio...and it is an output. The only "more than stereo" input you got is the one toslink. You have two devices. A set top box and a PS3. They both need to be connected to the HTiB vis toslink...hence the toslink switch.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   luanng

luanng

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 05:56 AM

Connect everything to your tv by hdmi. Your tv should have toslink out. Buy a toslink cable. Connect it to the toslink in your htib system. U should be able to get surround now.

#9 of 9 ONLINE   schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 14,900 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 06:15 AM

Connect everything to your tv by hdmi. Your tv should have toslink out. Buy a toslink cable. Connect it to the toslink in your htib system. U should be able to get surround now.

TV audio output from the STB and PS3 will only provide 2.0PCM. His PS3 and STB have to have, period, a direct connection via toslink to his HTiB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users