What's new

REDS and ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ on BLU (1 Viewer)

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just bought REDS and ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ on Blu when I was in Paris yesterday. Great transfers! What gives? France gets American films on Blu but not the US?

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Thanks for the information. I notice on the Amazon France listing it is shown as Region Free ("Toutes les regions"); is this correct? http://www.amazon.fr/LEvad%C3%A9-dAlcatraz-Blu-ray-Clint-Eastwood/dp/B00ABIPJDO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1360194806&sr=8-2

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Hmmm! Paramount! Maybe THIS is how disappointed fans will finally get a blu-ray of SAMSON AND DELILAH, after all. Vive la France!

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
Many Paramount films are scheduled for re-issue from other distributors. Look at lists of upcoming releases. Warners has an especially large number.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Ed Lachmann said:
Hmmm! Paramount! Maybe THIS is how disappointed fans will finally get a blu-ray of SAMSON AND DELILAH, after all. Vive la France!
I really think SAMSON AND DELILAH will end up on Blu from Olive or Warners. If Paramount does not end up doing a DeMille Blu box set.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Now that WB took selected films from Paramounts library , we will see ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ is some Clint Eastwood double feature (or quadfeature) since now WB has the majority of the Eastwood library. Since WB seems to like to pair a WB film witH a Paramount film, I could see ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ paired with PAPILLION or COOL HAND LUKE. (and PAINT YOUR WAGON with OKLAHOMA!).

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Thanks for the information regarding the Region Freeness - I will look for these next month when I am in Paris.

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
They both were released by Paramount.....no indication in the packaging that it was distributed by WB.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Reds has been on Blu-ray in the US since 2006. It was one of Paramount's first releases (along with a HD-DVD counterpart). It went OOP a couple years back but will likely get a re-issue through Warner's handling of Paramount's catalog sometime in the next year or so (similar to the Blu-ray of Zodiac).

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
The store GIBERT JOSEPH in Paris , Ecole bus stop/ near Jardin du Luxembourg. has a better selection and prices than FNAC.

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
kagemusha98 said:
The store GIBERT JOSEPH in Paris , Ecole bus stop/ near Jardin du Luxembourg. has a better selection and prices than FNAC.
This is pretty close to where we stay so we will check it out - thanks!

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
The German ESCAPE FROM ALCATRAZ, a quality disc, can be purchased less expensively on Amazon.de (but is Region B).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks