Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Volume 2 coming out on June 11, 2013...link below

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 of 34 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 925 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 09:56 AM

http://www.tvshowson...-Volume-2/18034 My question is what are the contents to this newest compilation and will there be newer or never before released on DVD cartoons on here or will they just be all repeats from the previous collections?

#2 of 34 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 925 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 10:25 AM

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tom-Jerry-Golden-Collection-Volume-2/18034 My question is what are the contents to this newest compilation and will there be newer or never before released on DVD cartoons on here or will they just be all repeats from the previous collections?

UPDATE: Thanks to Classicflix.com for the listing of the shorts to be included in this set...http://www.classicflix.com/jerry-golden-collection-standard-june-a-1388.html?osCsid=1e80a93c679ee96555e839c99b1c8294 DISC 1: Polka - Dot Puss The Little Orphan Hatch Up Your Troubles Heavenly Puss The Cat and the Mermouse Love That Pup Jerry’s Diary Tennis Chumps Little Quacker Saturday Evening Puss Texas Tom Jerry and the Lion Safety Second Tom and Jerry in the Hollywood Bowl The Framed Cat Cue Ball Cat Jerry and the Goldfish Jerry’s Cousin Sleepy-Time Tom His Mouse Friday Slicked-Up Pup DISC 2: Nit-Witty Kitty Cat Napping The Flying Cat The Duck Doctor The Two Mouseketeers Smitten Kitten Triplet Trouble Little Runaway Fit To Be Tied Push-Button Kitty Cruise Cat The Dog House The Missing Mouse Jerry and Jumbo Johann Mouse That’s My Pup! Just Ducky Two Little Indians Life With Tom Puppy Tale Posse Cat

#3 of 34 rmw650

rmw650

Supporting Actor

• 925 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 10:53 AM

UPDATE: Thanks to Classicflix.com for the listing of the shorts to be included in this set...http://www.classicflix.com/jerry-golden-collection-standard-june-a-1388.html?osCsid=1e80a93c679ee96555e839c99b1c8294 DISC 1: Polka - Dot Puss The Little Orphan Hatch Up Your Troubles Heavenly Puss The Cat and the Mermouse Love That Pup Jerry’s Diary Tennis Chumps Little Quacker Saturday Evening Puss Texas Tom Jerry and the Lion Safety Second Tom and Jerry in the Hollywood Bowl The Framed Cat Cue Ball Cat Jerry and the Goldfish Jerry’s Cousin Sleepy-Time Tom His Mouse Friday Slicked-Up Pup DISC 2: Nit-Witty Kitty Cat Napping The Flying Cat The Duck Doctor The Two Mouseketeers Smitten Kitten Triplet Trouble Little Runaway Fit To Be Tied Push-Button Kitty Cruise Cat The Dog House The Missing Mouse Jerry and Jumbo Johann Mouse That’s My Pup! Just Ducky Two Little Indians Life With Tom Puppy Tale Posse Cat

UPDATE TWO: Looks like all of these shorts are just repeats from the Spotlight Collection Series of shorts released way back when, but only with better quality now, so no new shorts are in this set, based on the research i did. Hope this helps.

#4 of 34 Kevin Martinez

Kevin Martinez

Second Unit

• 496 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 11:30 AM

It should be noted that Cassanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning, which were conspicuously absent from Spotlight Collection volume 3, are missing HERE to, which is inexcusable.

#5 of 34 ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Martinez 

It should be noted that Cassanova Cat and Mouse Cleaning, which were conspicuously absent from Spotlight Collection volume 3, are missing HERE to, which is inexcusable.

Inexcusable - which equals no sale for me.

Over time, I believe there will be other animation DVD / BD sets from other companies that will respect their cartoons and create products that both collectors and the casual viewers of the cartoons will appreciate. WB doesn't seem capable of doing that anymore.

#6 of 34 Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 02:15 AM

UPDATE TWO: Looks like all of these shorts are just repeats from the Spotlight Collection Series of shorts released way back when, but only with better quality now, so no new shorts are in this set, based on the research i did. Hope this helps.

They released three Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collections. They included all the Hanna-Barbera directed Tom & Jerry M-G-M theatrical cartoons except "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat." I picked them up for around $9.99 each at Wal-Mart. So other than maybe being remastered, this is all recycled content. They also released a set of Chuck Jones's Tom & Jerry cartoons. The only theatrical Tom & Jerrys still unreleased are the Bill Snyder/Gene Deitch ones of the early 1960s (IIRC just one of which was included on one of the many single-disc compilations that preceded the Spotlight Collections). Then you'd have to get into the later made-for-TV ones. I was gonna upgrade to the Golden Collections, just to have them all together chronologically and maybe a slight improvement in mastering (?) but if they're not all there, I don't think I'll bother.

#7 of 34 BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Screenwriter

• 1,579 posts
  • LocationMid-South

Posted February 06 2013 - 08:56 AM

...I was gonna upgrade to the Golden Collections, just to have them all together chronologically and maybe a slight improvement in mastering (?) but if they're not all there, I don't think I'll bother.

I'm thinking the same thing. My purchase now hinges on how badly the grandkids want their own copy. If they *really* want one I'll get the GCs and pass on the Spotlight Collections otherwise it's no sale.

#8 of 34 Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 10:12 AM

Just thinking out loud here, and this is entirely speculative, but... ...you know how they keep talking about eventually doing a release of the Warner Bros. Censored Eleven? They have said when it ultimately comes out, it won't just be "those" eleven cartoons, but will include other "non-politically-correct" titles as well, all presented in some kind of historical context.... ...I wonder if these two shorts could end up being saved for that release?

#9 of 34 ChrisALM

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor

• 539 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Y 

Just thinking out loud here, and this is entirely speculative, but...

...you know how they keep talking about eventually doing a release of the Warner Bros. Censored Eleven? They have said when it ultimately comes out, it won't just be "those" eleven cartoons, but will include other "non-politically-correct" titles as well, all presented in some kind of historical context....

...I wonder if these two shorts could end up being saved for that release?

I wondered about the same thing, but will there be a Censored 11 release? I know there is talk about it, but . . . who knows. Leaving these two cartoons out of this set is a mistake and WB should reconsider.

#10 of 34 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted February 06 2013 - 09:04 PM

Nice follow-up at TVShowsOnDVD. http://tvshowsondvd....-Volume-2/18039 They've never even said that those 11 cartoons are coming out. So I don't see how they could've said that even more would be appearing if it does.

#11 of 34 Mark Y

Mark Y

Supporting Actor

• 558 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 12:19 AM

Nice follow-up at TVShowsOnDVD. http://tvshowsondvd....-Volume-2/18039 They've never even said that those 11 cartoons are coming out. So I don't see how they could've said that even more would be appearing if it does.

No announcement per se, but I believe it's been discussed either in those chats with Warner people and/or Jerry Beck on Stu's Show. Wasn't something said at some point to the effect that they remastered the content and created extras for it? (That's where I got the "beyond the Censored Eleven" part.) Supposedly on Blu-Ray only. Still no word on a planned release (pending approval by The Powers That Be a la Song of The South at Disney, and we know how well that's coming along), but if this is correct -- and unfortunately I don't have a link -- I'm sure they'd prefer not to do the work for nothing. If I'm mistaken about this, as Emily Litella used to say, "never mind."

#12 of 34 JJHLH

JJHLH

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 01:52 AM

I am very disappointed that "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat" won't be included in Vol. 2 of the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection. Warner Bothers and other movie studios produce movies that show murder and rape all the time, yet they want to censor 2 classic cartoons? Censorship should not exist. This isn't the Soviet Union. I hope people log onto Warner Brothers Classic Animation Facebook page and complain. This set was touted as being complete and uncensored, and apparently that won't be the case.

#13 of 34 Hasslein

Hasslein

Stunt Coordinator

• 128 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 02:57 AM

It's too bad this was announced after the HTF worst studio poll.

#14 of 34 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted February 07 2013 - 03:18 AM

No announcement per se, but I believe it's been discussed either in those chats with Warner people and/or Jerry Beck on Stu's Show. Wasn't something said at some point to the effect that they remastered the content and created extras for it? (That's where I got the "beyond the Censored Eleven" part.) Supposedly on Blu-Ray only. Still no word on a planned release (pending approval by The Powers That Be a la Song of The South at Disney, and we know how well that's coming along), but if this is correct -- and unfortunately I don't have a link -- I'm sure they'd prefer not to do the work for nothing. If I'm mistaken about this, as Emily Litella used to say, "never mind."

A lot has been said about it so I wouldn't doubt your recollections. I was just clarifying that technically they've never confirmed to us that even those 11 cartoons are coming out. So nothing is written in stone just yet like what extras if any there would be if this were to happen. But it would seem fair to assume that other risky content in today's idiotic political correct world in demand by the classic animation enthusiast that they desire to keep out of wider general releases on the shelves of your local retailer would be under some sort of consideration if this release happens. But then again, that's logical and keeping this stuff hostage to start with wasn't. So I wouldn't count on it. :)

#15 of 34 oloc

oloc

Extra

• 15 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 03:49 AM

WRONG, They said they are ready for release and are looking for when to release them, that in legal terms is a release announcement

#16 of 34 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,782 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted February 07 2013 - 04:43 AM

WRONG, They said they are ready for release and are looking for when to release them, that in legal terms is a release announcement

An "announcement" is a press release from a studio with information like contents, price, release date, etc. and not a studio saying they were looking at a release or thinking about it or even that it's coming later this year.

#17 of 34 Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 634 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 07:41 AM

I think there is strength in numbers so I have been posting everywhere I can on the Internet today about my dissatisfaction with WHV for leaving out "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat" on the upcoming TOM AND JERRY GOLDEN COLLECTION VOLUME 2. At the least put the shorts as Easter Eggs on the discs so we can enjoy them. However, the best thing to do is to allow these shorts to be on the discs in plain sight in the correct chronological order. Please, WHV, reconsider this decision and allow these shorts on this collection.

#18 of 34 JJHLH

JJHLH

Extra

• 18 posts

Posted February 07 2013 - 08:51 AM

Posting a "review" on Amazon voicing displeasure regarding this censorship is a very good idea. One of the reasons those reviews exist is to provide consumers with information. If enough people make their voices heard perhaps Warner Brothers will reconsider, especially if it has the potential to effect their bottom line.

#19 of 34 LeoA

LeoA

Supporting Actor

• 893 posts
  • LocationNorth Country

Posted February 07 2013 - 02:52 PM

Then you read something that I never saw. And TVShowsOnDVD.com must've never saw it either since I check in there daily. The closest I've ever seen Warner actually even mentioning it was to state during an interview that they had no firm plans to release them. That's no confirmation in my book. The only facts that I'm aware of is that they've restored them, have screened them, and that Jerry Beck has been optimistic several times that a optical disc release of them was going to happen. And it's safe to assume that they've considered such a thing and probably have evaluated it multiple times over the years.

#20 of 34 handley

handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted February 08 2013 - 12:36 AM

After reading about the 2 shorts in question, I really don't see how they are any worse than a few of them that were on the first Golden Collection. I really hope that those in charge will reconsider and include both of those in the next set. I really enjoyed Volume One and I'll probably pick up Volume Two regardless, but what should've been a "no-brainer" is kinda up-in-the air now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users