Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

WHV Announcement: Tom & Jerry Golden Collection Volume Two (Blu-ray) (DVD)

Warner

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
263 replies to this topic

#201 of 264 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,267 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 04 2013 - 08:14 AM

Meanwhile, at Amazon, Volume One is

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other marketplace sellers on this page, it is not currently offered by Amazon.com because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.

#202 of 264 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,049 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted July 04 2013 - 12:38 PM

It's probably safe to say the series is dead. I'm not holding my breath at any rate, and would love to have Warner surprise us all with a proper, definitive T&J release.

#203 of 264 OFFLINE   McCrutchy

McCrutchy

Stunt Coordinator

• 236 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted July 04 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm not holding my breath, either, but (and I know I'm in the minority here) if, with Blu-ray, they aren't going to finally release all these cartoons in their original form, as they should be seen, then part of me is glad that the series is not going to continue. If they are going to live in irrational fear of market reaction with Tom and Jerry cartoons, just because said cartoons are from a different, less politically-correct time, then frankly, I would prefer that they lose money on the project, rather than continuing to put out editions for collectors that are also designed to meet the lowest common sales denominator. You would think that, of all studios, Warner Bros. could figure out one way to sell to collectors and another for chidren and families.  

• moviebuff75 likes this

#204 of 264 OFFLINE   sewolawen73

sewolawen73

Extra

• 16 posts

Posted July 09 2013 - 10:23 AM

Didn't see that happen.  I looked at the links and Volume 1 looks normal:

Blu-Ray

DVD

Don't see anything saying UNDER REVIEW.

But yes I wonder if there's anything happening at all with Volume 2 or is the series dead.

Edited by sewolawen73, July 09 2013 - 10:49 AM.

#205 of 264 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member

• 4,267 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted July 09 2013 - 01:58 PM

Whatever happened, it's back on sale by Amazon and no longer "under review".

#206 of 264 OFFLINE   John Stell

John Stell

Supporting Actor

• 862 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted July 10 2013 - 09:40 AM

Volume 2 rescheduled for a 12/17/13 release per DVD Aficionado

http://www.filmaf.co...ollection vol 2

Edited by John Stell, July 10 2013 - 09:40 AM.

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#207 of 264 OFFLINE   rob kilbride

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor

• 711 posts

Posted July 19 2013 - 10:10 AM

Same date is now listed at blu-ray.com. Sounds like good news. Why would they delay unless they were going to add the missing cartoons back in?

#208 of 264 OFFLINE   Sumnernor

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted July 22 2013 - 05:22 AM

In the included cartoons, "Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat" are NOT included but included is "His Mouse Friday" but it could be the "modified" version- Having the 1st two cartoons on the german set they are not what I call "bad". There are many included cartoons that "are worse". I think Mr. Big should get some glasses and someone must think "Adults" start at age 2

#209 of 264 OFFLINE   Retro00064

Retro00064

Agent

• 27 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 02:45 PM

For what it's worth, Jerry Beck was on Stu's Show yesterday, and it appears that the December 17 release date that's been circulating may be incorrect; to his knowledge, this set is not coming out this year. Possibly next year, though; he believes it will be released eventually. As for the issue over those two cartoons not being on the set, Warner Home Video "gets it" and is willing to release the set with the cartoons included, but the legal department is preventing that from happening.

Edited by Retro00064, August 08 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#210 of 264 OFFLINE   Ken_Martinez

Ken_Martinez

Stunt Coordinator

• 157 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 04:23 PM

If Jerry's whole interview is to be considered, Warner has really soured on classical animation and the eventual release of T&J Volume 2 (with or without the missing cartoons) will be the end of the line.

Looney Tunes Platinum #3 has been pushed back at least a year, and the remaining Popeyes are back in limbo. Tex Avery wasn't brought up at all, not even in passing.

#211 of 264 OFFLINE   JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes

Screenwriter

• 2,015 posts

Posted August 08 2013 - 08:12 PM

For what it's worth, Jerry Beck was on Stu's Show yesterday, and it appears that the December 17 release date that's been circulating may be incorrect; to his knowledge, this set is not coming out this year. Possibly next year, though; he believes it will be released eventually. As for the issue over those two cartoons not being on the set, Warner Home Video "gets it" and is willing to release the set with the cartoons included, but the legal department is preventing that from happening.

The legal department.  That really seems a stretch.  About the only legal complication I could think of is Warner gets sued by an employee for discrimination in employment practices, and the employee claims that the release of the cartoons shows Warner's insensitivity.  It seems readily fixable by burying the cartoons in the special feature section and including disclaimers.  I have trouble believing that the cartoons could seriously affect Warner's litigation risks.

#212 of 264 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,049 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 09 2013 - 06:47 AM

I don't find it hard to believe at all that some idiot in the legal department has their gonch in a twist over these cartoons and is justifying their paycheck by having them blocked.

So who has a corporate email for Warner's legal department so that we can tell them that we don't appreciate people in the legal department with no understanding of cultural history babysitting us?

• Retro00064 likes this

#213 of 264 OFFLINE   Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt

Second Unit

• 400 posts

Posted August 09 2013 - 07:41 PM

If Jerry's whole interview is to be considered, Warner has really soured on classical animation and the eventual release of T&J Volume 2 (with or without the missing cartoons) will be the end of the line.

Looney Tunes Platinum #3 has been pushed back at least a year, and the remaining Popeyes are back in limbo. Tex Avery wasn't brought up at all, not even in passing.

That sounds really unfortunate, especially for two compact series already well underway like T&J and Popeye. WHV should discover the wonderful world of sub-licensing.

#214 of 264 OFFLINE   Douglas R

Douglas R

Screenwriter

• 1,872 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted August 12 2013 - 02:49 AM

This issue has now become national news in the UK. Which is a bit odd because Warner don't seem to be releasing either volume in the UK anyway!

http://www.dailymail...collection.html

There's also a campaign on Facebook

https://www.facebook...543219659051383

• Retro00064 likes this

#215 of 264 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,960 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted August 24 2013 - 03:33 PM

and is topic keeps going, while blu ray.com has a release date in December, Amazon has no such announcement. and now there is info via NBC's today show that possibly this is postponed indefinitely. 

to use the phrase correctly , I could spit nails at the thought of it, but it seems as if this with all animation will be looked at differently  in historical reference than standard filmed media, just because it is classic animated short does not automatically, mean that it was intended for children.

when this series was started WB stated that they were going to do these in order and un-altered, nice to see them,  follow thru with that promise to the collectors that these sets were marketed to. WB said that they would give US an official answered in this very thread, I and many others are waiting.  

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#216 of 264 OFFLINE   Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,256 posts

Posted August 24 2013 - 06:22 PM

Warner Bros, for many years the leader of superb catalog releases, has now become what Sony used to by (remember all the full-screen releases?). They've switched places now, and Fox is right up there with Sony. What happened, Warner? It's lamentable. Somehow I feel Mr. Feltenstein is as unhappy about all this as we are.

#217 of 264 OFFLINE   Timothy E

Timothy E

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted August 24 2013 - 06:28 PM

This issue has now become national news in the UK. Which is a bit odd because Warner don't seem to be releasing either volume in the UK anyway!

http://www.dailymail...collection.html

There's also a campaign on Facebook

https://www.facebook...543219659051383

This is making news now in the United States:  http://news.ca.msn.c...se-from-experts

• dana martin and Retro00064 like this

#218 of 264 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,049 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted August 24 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm not optimistic enough at this time to think this will cause Warner to change their mind and release the controversial cartoons, I do like that they are being publicly shamed for their actions though.

• dana martin likes this

#219 of 264 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,960 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted October 24 2013 - 06:58 PM

still waiting on that official answer..........from WB

next year........maybe?

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#220 of 264 OFFLINE   Hasslein

Hasslein

Stunt Coordinator

• 182 posts

Posted January 21 2014 - 11:51 PM

Send a message,  go to the HTF awards worst studio thread & vote Warner Brothers!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Warner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users