Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Streaming music wirelessly to my Bose Wave Radio

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Arun Rajamohan

Arun Rajamohan

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 03:46 AM

Hi, I intend to wirelessly stream music [read as WI-FI] on to my Bose Wave Radio III that has an Aux In port [3.5 mm female port ]. I am seeking your advise on what components I should buy to achieve wireless streaming This are what I have 1. Bose Wave Radio III with Aux In 2. Samsung TV with 3.5 MM out + Optical out 3. iPhone 4s 4. Macbook Pro - I can plug in an optical cable [ with Toslink to 3.5 mm mini adapter attached to the optical cable] 5. Samsung Galaxy Tab 6. Hard Disk full of music + videos 7. DSL router Couple of questions 1. Does Bose Wave Radio III accepts toslink adapter as input? i.e. can I stream in digital music to my bose through toslink adapter? 2. Most of the time, I would want to stream music over Wi-Fi in my iPhone / Samsung tablet[not many] / hard disk. Given this requirement, what equipment I must buy? I know I am looking for a media player kind of equipment that is Wifi capable to which i can plug in my hard disk. Right now I could think of Airport Express, setup as a client to my router, run in the 3.5 mm cable between Airport Express and Bose. Stream music from iPhone,macbook and Samsung tab [ via Airfoil ] Also I could think of Apple TV. But I guess Apple TV has optical out only. So, can i plug in to my bose with Toslink adapter attached to the cable? 3. How should the devices be setup /connected? I mean the configuration. Am so confused. Thanks in advance. Arun

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Glen B2

Glen B2

Agent

• 38 posts
  • LocationOld Mill Basin, Brooklyn, NY

Posted February 09 2013 - 12:58 PM

I stream music wirelessly from a laptop to my secondary music system with the Outlaw Audio OAW3 wireless system. It is plug and play, with USB and 3.5mm connections. The sound quality is excellent. Outlaw OAW3 Wireless audio system

Main system: Denon DP-59L, AudioTechnica AT33EV, Marantz Reference SA-11S2, Classé CP-50, Classé CA-300, Classé DR-10, PSB Stratus Gold is, DIY Balanced AC Power Conditioner, Classé RC-1, Acoustic Zen Cables, Oyaide and Furutech AC receptacles and power connectors, HiFi Tuning Supreme fuses, 20A isolated ground dedicated line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users