What's new

Streaming music wirelessly to my Bose Wave Radio (1 Viewer)

Arun Rajamohan

Auditioning
Real Name
satyasai
Hi, I intend to wirelessly stream music [read as WI-FI] on to my Bose Wave Radio III that has an Aux In port [3.5 mm female port ]. I am seeking your advise on what components I should buy to achieve wireless streaming This are what I have 1. Bose Wave Radio III with Aux In 2. Samsung TV with 3.5 MM out + Optical out 3. iPhone 4s 4. Macbook Pro - I can plug in an optical cable [ with Toslink to 3.5 mm mini adapter attached to the optical cable] 5. Samsung Galaxy Tab 6. Hard Disk full of music + videos 7. DSL router Couple of questions 1. Does Bose Wave Radio III accepts toslink adapter as input? i.e. can I stream in digital music to my bose through toslink adapter? 2. Most of the time, I would want to stream music over Wi-Fi in my iPhone / Samsung tablet[not many] / hard disk. Given this requirement, what equipment I must buy? I know I am looking for a media player kind of equipment that is Wifi capable to which i can plug in my hard disk. Right now I could think of Airport Express, setup as a client to my router, run in the 3.5 mm cable between Airport Express and Bose. Stream music from iPhone,macbook and Samsung tab [ via Airfoil ] Also I could think of Apple TV. But I guess Apple TV has optical out only. So, can i plug in to my bose with Toslink adapter attached to the cable? 3. How should the devices be setup /connected? I mean the configuration. Am so confused. Thanks in advance. Arun

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks