What's new

Defective disc Planet Of The Apes Box Set (1 Viewer)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Has anyone here had issues with the last movie or any of the movie in the Planet of the Apes box set being defective. My neighbor had purchased the box set from Costco and was not able to play the last disc. Now usually it ends up being a firmware update but if all the other discs in the set play you would think that wouldn't be the issue. So after bringing the disc over and I tried it in my Denon 1611 and it said unknown disc and didn't even try to play. Then I took it to my pc which has a lite on rom and it said no disc. So some how I seriously doubt with a Sony BDP-S300 which I am sure has the latest update that belongs to my neighbor, my Denon DBP-1611UD and Lite On Bluray rom all saying unknown or no disc I have to wonder how many have had issues with this set?

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I recently received this set over the holidays but haven't had the chance to watch it. I put in the "Battle for" disc and it loads after about 20 seconds on a black screen. I get the usual Fox warning messages, CGI monkey intro followed by an ANSA loading sign. And then I got a black screen for about 1 minute. I hit stop on my remote, and play again. The main menu now comes up.

Andrew Bosma

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Bosma
I just picked up the same blu-ray set at Costco and am experiencing the same problem with the 'Battle For...' disc as well. :confused:

ROclockCK

Screenwriter
Real Name
Steve
Dave Moritz said:
Has anyone here had issues with the last movie or any of the movie in the Planet of the Apes box set being defective.
Just curious Dave. Which box set? Are you referring to the 2012 5-Disc Collection...or the 40th Anniversary Evolution Box from 2008?

Mike Fougere

Auditioning
I'm experiencing this same exact problem. Anyone find any info or solution on this? This box set has been a hot mess for me so far, the first 4 discs have the black screen after the intro problem for me on my Sony, got them to work on an old BR player i had laying around. Disc 5 was a huge blow after all of that, neither player even recognizes it as a blu ray disc. Would love to see if anyone got this rectified by Fox or even Cinram as willytess vaguely hinted at. Mine is the 5 disc set from 2012.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I have the same set, but ordered from Amazon a few weeks ago. I've seen the set @ Costco and it looks the same as mine. After reading this thread, I tried all 5 discs. All of mine play fine, including the 5th movie (the one movie of the series I still have not seen). I experienced no hangups, freezes, etc. The black screen after the animated ape intro barely lasted a second. All discs loaded quite quickly on my Sony player (don't remember which model). I could not try it on my Oppo as I keep that player set to region B/all region; so it would not allow me to play them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks