Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Defective disc Planet Of The Apes Box Set

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,029 posts

Posted February 03 2013 - 05:01 AM

Has anyone here had issues with the last movie or any of the movie in the Planet of the Apes box set being defective. My neighbor had purchased the box set from Costco and was not able to play the last disc. Now usually it ends up being a firmware update but if all the other discs in the set play you would think that wouldn't be the issue. So after bringing the disc over and I tried it in my Denon 1611 and it said unknown disc and didn't even try to play. Then I took it to my pc which has a lite on rom and it said no disc. So some how I seriously doubt with a Sony BDP-S300 which I am sure has the latest update that belongs to my neighbor, my Denon DBP-1611UD and Lite On Bluray rom all saying unknown or no disc I have to wonder how many have had issues with this set?
Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#2 of 7 willyTass

willyTass

Second Unit

• 348 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 01:53 AM

Fox discs pressed at Cinram Google is your friend

#3 of 7 Ray H

Ray H

Producer

• 3,471 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted February 04 2013 - 03:16 AM

I recently received this set over the holidays but haven't had the chance to watch it. I put in the "Battle for" disc and it loads after about 20 seconds on a black screen. I get the usual Fox warning messages, CGI monkey intro followed by an ANSA loading sign. And then I got a black screen for about 1 minute. I hit stop on my remote, and play again. The main menu now comes up.
"Here's looking at you, kid."

#4 of 7 Andrew Bosma

Andrew Bosma

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 07:57 AM

I just picked up the same blu-ray set at Costco and am experiencing the same problem with the 'Battle For...' disc as well. :confused:

#5 of 7 ROclockCK

ROclockCK

Supporting Actor

• 859 posts
  • LocationHigh Country, Alberta, Canada

Posted March 10 2013 - 08:21 AM

Has anyone here had issues with the last movie or any of the movie in the Planet of the Apes box set being defective.

Just curious Dave. Which box set? Are you referring to the 2012 5-Disc Collection...or the 40th Anniversary Evolution Box from 2008?

#6 of 7 Mike Fougere

Mike Fougere

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 02 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'm experiencing this same exact problem. Anyone find any info or solution on this? This box set has been a hot mess for me so far, the first 4 discs have the black screen after the intro problem for me on my Sony, got them to work on an old BR player i had laying around. Disc 5 was a huge blow after all of that, neither player even recognizes it as a blu ray disc. Would love to see if anyone got this rectified by Fox or even Cinram as willytess vaguely hinted at. Mine is the 5 disc set from 2012.

#7 of 7 David_B_K

David_B_K

Advanced Member

• 1,421 posts

Posted January 03 2014 - 10:16 PM

I have the same set, but ordered from Amazon a few weeks ago. I've seen the set @ Costco and it looks the same as mine. After reading this thread, I tried all 5 discs. All of mine play fine, including the 5th movie (the one movie of the series I still have not seen). I experienced no hangups, freezes, etc. The black screen after the animated ape intro barely lasted a second. All discs loaded quite quickly on my Sony player (don't remember which model). I could not try it on my Oppo as I keep that player set to region B/all region; so it would not allow me to play them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users