Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can I "remove" lens from a Panasonic LCD TV Projector (PT-AX100U) for cleaning ??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Bwana

Bwana

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 03 2013 - 02:58 AM

I have a Panasonic LCD Television Projector PT-AX100U, that we just love. It has developed some kind of dark blotchy spots on the left side of the screen, mostly visible in the red channel. Since we live in a humid area, I believe it could be mold building up on the "back" of the projection lens. The rear lens element is not accessible as far as I can tell, and the lens will not unscrew. It is way past warranty, so I'd like to try it myself. Is there any way I can remove the lens to clean it? Or, at least access it from the inside? Any help or advise is appreciated. Thanks. :) .

#2 of 2 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,701 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 03 2013 - 05:15 AM

I wouldn't. I know with my 900u there is a user serviceable filter that needs to be cleaned and you can use a Giottos rocket blower to move dust around inside if it gets worse, but the light path through the lens is generally not user serviceable.

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users