-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can I "remove" lens from a Panasonic LCD TV Projector (PT-AX100U) for cleaning ??

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Bwana

Bwana

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted February 03 2013 - 02:58 AM

I have a Panasonic LCD Television Projector PT-AX100U, that we just love. It has developed some kind of dark blotchy spots on the left side of the screen, mostly visible in the red channel. Since we live in a humid area, I believe it could be mold building up on the "back" of the projection lens. The rear lens element is not accessible as far as I can tell, and the lens will not unscrew. It is way past warranty, so I'd like to try it myself. Is there any way I can remove the lens to clean it? Or, at least access it from the inside? Any help or advise is appreciated. Thanks. :) .

#2 of 2 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 03 2013 - 05:15 AM

I wouldn't. I know with my 900u there is a user serviceable filter that needs to be cleaned and you can use a Giottos rocket blower to move dust around inside if it gets worse, but the light path through the lens is generally not user serviceable.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users