What's new

Can I "remove" lens from a Panasonic LCD TV Projector (PT-AX100U) for cleaning ?? (1 Viewer)

Bwana

Auditioning
Real Name
George D.
I have a Panasonic LCD Television Projector PT-AX100U, that we just love. It has developed some kind of dark blotchy spots on the left side of the screen, mostly visible in the red channel. Since we live in a humid area, I believe it could be mold building up on the "back" of the projection lens. The rear lens element is not accessible as far as I can tell, and the lens will not unscrew. It is way past warranty, so I'd like to try it myself. Is there any way I can remove the lens to clean it? Or, at least access it from the inside? Any help or advise is appreciated. Thanks. :) .

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I wouldn't. I know with my 900u there is a user serviceable filter that needs to be cleaned and you can use a Giottos rocket blower to move dust around inside if it gets worse, but the light path through the lens is generally not user serviceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks