Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hello HTF

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Robbenz

Robbenz

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 04:32 PM

Greetings from Bmore.. My name is Robin and I'm currently in the midst of setting up what I hope will be a full fledged dedicated home theater room in my home. Two weeks ago this whole idea/effort wasn't even a figment of my imagination. But alas, I came across a SALE on TVs while out gift shopping and decided to jump on a large 60" TV as a birthday gift to moi. Any who..next thing you know I'm calling in the experts for consult on a design/install of a theater room. And once I get caught up on an idea I jump all the way in and start researching and googling and so I had the good fortune to happen upon this HTF site. I've since canceled delivery of the first TV and ordered a larger 70" instead. I'm waiting now for feedback with design and pricing from two HT installers. I found what I think is a great deal on an AV receiver and purchased that and will now move over to the other forum asking your advice/review on my receiver and reommendations for best speakers to complement it. I love listening to music and watching a good movie and had a basic stereo/component system with a decent surround sound configuration. I'm able to do better and can upgrade my sound system now to something much nicer and so I intend to do just that. I am soooo green at all this so please bear with me and THANKS in advance for any and all guidance/advice/opinions. Sincerely appreciatied. :-) Robin

#2 of 3 mominayal

mominayal

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 05:07 PM

Total budget??

#3 of 3 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

• 15,698 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted February 04 2013 - 05:05 AM

Welcome aboard Robin. Installers huh? Not sure you can do it yourself? We're a bit like Home Depot that way, you can do it it, we can help! =)

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users