Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New media wall in my family room...ideas welcome

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 kslmd

kslmd

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 04:14 PM

I just moved into a new condo. I want to create a media wall that looks really high tech and cool. What you see on this photo is a 70" Vizio LED/LCD . I have a floor standing PSB speaker in each corner and a large center channel speaker that is blocked by the TV. The unit in the niche could serve as a cabinet to house the electronics, which I have yet to purchase. The length of the wall shown is 18' and the room depth is 25'. I'm going to have a sectional couch and I plan on hanging the TV on the wall just to the right of the niche as close to the center of the wall as possible. any ideas or advice is welcome. Here is a photo I found online that echos the type of design I'd like to achieve.

#2 of 6 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:29 PM

It sounds like you know what you want to do. What exactly do you need help with?

#3 of 6 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,805 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted February 02 2013 - 01:15 AM

The only thing I hava... Do you have to orient it on that wall? Is there a wall that will allow the TV to sit exactly between the speakers?

#4 of 6 kslmd

kslmd

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 09:02 AM

That's the problem. The wall shown in the photo is the only one I can use for the tv and speakers.

#5 of 6 Creativesound

Creativesound

Auditioning

• 11 posts

Posted February 14 2013 - 09:18 AM

I think you can achieve that look quite simply! I would center the TV and then place shelves above it like in the picture you provided. You may only have room for 3 or 4. Then, Instead of the box shelves on the side of the TV, you can up them underneath the TV. From their anything else you want to incorporate you can fit as needed.

#6 of 6 mpompey

mpompey

Stunt Coordinator

• 70 posts

Posted February 15 2013 - 02:35 AM

Are you allowed to remodel the niche at all? I was thinking of maybe you build out a swing out audio rack for components and gear, frame out the right side a bit to extend the wall, so you could hang the TV dead center. Or get an automated screen to drop from the ceiling and use a projector setup instead of the TV. Is there any WAF that you have to worry about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users