What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March-June 2013 (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE FURY (1978) BLU-RAY - March 12th
CHRISTINE (1983) BLU-RAY - March 12th

THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - March 26th
Release brought forward to be ready at Easter time.

MAJOR DUNDEE (1965) BLU-RAY (2-disc set) - April 9th

AT LONG LAST LOVE (1975) BLU-RAY - April 9th (NOTE: Not on the TT label, but exclusively handled by TT for Twentieth Century Fox) We will be handling all production for this Fox title on behalf of the studio, but it will not be a limited edition, although it will be available exclusively at www.screenarchives.com

PHILADELPHIA (1993) BLU-RAY - May 14th
LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th

HARD TIMES (1975) BLU-RAY - June 11th
THE DRIVER (1978) BLU-RAY - June 11th
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN (1970) - June 11th

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
An extremely eclectic selection of titles for this coming Spring from Twilight Time, Ron...I imagine that "The Fury" & "Christine" will sell out quickly as horror genre titles seem to go especially fast from them!!!

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
Just wanted to add that THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN is of course also a BLU-RAY. A typo in the release seems to indicate it isn't, but fear not, it is...a beautiful transfer for this rare classic as well.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Does Twilight Time have any plans to release GOOD MORNING, MISS DOVE which has never had a video release at all, that I am aware of?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
So will At Long Last Love go retail like The Grapes of Wrath and Zorba the Greek did? Also, can anyone recommend The Only Game in Town? Seems like one of the more niche and films of that time period and not something I'm too keen on paying full price for blind. I'm down for most of the others on the list though.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I think The Only Game in Town might have a little bit of a curiosity factor, as it was directed by George Stevens (his final film I believe) - and he was working in a more "open" era of film-making than one usually associated with Stevens.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Interesting new development with At Long Last Love. Is the price point for this the same as a TT branded release as well?

Wade Sowers

Second Unit
Real Name
Wade Sowers
Very excited about the two fims by Walter Hill, as well as a Blu-ray of my favorite color noir LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN - I saw a new print/restoration of this one at a festival a few years ago and it was beautiful.

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
A few quick points: We had licensed GOOD MORNING MISS DOVE, but the elements were not in good enough shape. (Expect to see it as an MOD.) AT LONG LAST LOVE will retail at a slightly lower price-point - most likely $24.95. It will be exclusive to SAE for distribution, and will not be available anywhere else. The LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN transfer is from 2010, and generated with assistance from Martin Scorsese's Foundation. Needless to say, it is stunning.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
I'm super excited for The Driver (1978) I know Japan released a Blu recently but it was 1080i and I heard not the best possible transfer.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Twilight Time said:
We had licensed GOOD MORNING MISS DOVE, but the elements were not in good enough shape. (Expect to see it as an MOD.
So, P&S then :P

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
How about ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. (1966)? Let's see... * Ray Harryhausen animated dinosaurs... check. * Raquel Welch, in her most iconic role, wearing next to nothing... check. * Incredibly scenic vistas of one of the Canary Islands... check. * Mario Nascimbene unusual score, ideal for an isolated music track... check. * The full, 100-minute cut of the film, which was denied us in Fox's previous R1 DVD release (yet came out in R2 and on Fox's domestic LD)... check. * Sci-fi releases generally do well for Twilight Time... check. So......?

Twilight Time

Insider
Real Name
Twilight Time
We hear you, Peter...:) We've enquired about the title from the powers-that-be, but so far, no dice!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thank you Twilight Time again for these two great classic films. I also thank you for giving us a list of whats to come in the next months. Gives all of us fans something to look forward to and budget for. Long Live Twilight Time!!!!!!! THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - March 26th LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th Would love to see Beyond The 12 Mile Reef Garden of Evil

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
Mark Collins said:
Thank you Twilight Time again for these two great classic films. I also thank you for giving us a list of whats to come in the next months. Gives all of us fans something to look forward to and budget for. Long Live Twilight Time!!!!!!! THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - March 26th LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th
I agree. These are two of my favorite Fox films of the forties and I can't wait to pre-order.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
JoHud said:
So will At Long Last Love go retail like The Grapes of Wrath and Zorba the Greek did? Also, can anyone recommend The Only Game in Town? Seems like one of the more niche and films of that time period and not something I'm too keen on paying full price for blind. I'm down for most of the others on the list though.
I can certainly recommend The Only Game in Town. Very underrated - although it's hard to underrate a film that most people haven't seen - but that doesn't stop the yokels on the imdb. It's from a lovely play by Frank D. Gilroy, and it's Elizabeth Taylor and Warren Beatty, both looking impossibly beautiful. And there's some gambling, which is always a plus.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Moe Dickstein said:
Interesting new development with At Long Last Love. Is the price point for this the same as a TT branded release as well?
This is about the only time you'll ever hear anyone describe a release of At Long Last Love as "Good news". :D (Tried to watch a half hour on Netflix, and it is the very definition of "Yes, it IS as bad as you've only heard.") TT only came about because of the spread of Warner's Disease, where the major studios becoming paranoid of releasing catalog vintage, because they didn't want to do the hard drudgery work of making niche sales try and recoup the mastering costs. But while Warner just packed them all off to Archive Siberia, Fox is recognizing that we have good small studios that can do the mastering but can't afford to sell them. TT seems better off as a restore-for-hire packaging company for Fox and Sony to handle the hard selling work, and not have to have such a high small-press price as the TT disks. Had Sony been tolerant enough to repackage TT's Mysterious Island or Bye Bye Birdie under a Sony label at more available Sony prices, I'd have bought them. Paramount would be wise to call up Olive Films and get in on the idea.

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Schuyler
I'm looking forward to Major Dundee and it's nice to see a specific release date on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks