Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases March-June 2013

Twilight Time

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

#1 of 235 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,545 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 05:23 AM

THE FURY (1978) BLU-RAY - March 12th
CHRISTINE (1983) BLU-RAY - March 12th

THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - March 26th
Release brought forward to be ready at Easter time.

MAJOR DUNDEE (1965) BLU-RAY (2-disc set) - April 9th

AT LONG LAST LOVE (1975) BLU-RAY - April 9th (NOTE: Not on the TT label, but exclusively handled by TT for Twentieth Century Fox) We will be handling all production for this Fox title on behalf of the studio, but it will not be a limited edition, although it will be available exclusively at www.screenarchives.com

PHILADELPHIA (1993) BLU-RAY - May 14th
LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th

HARD TIMES (1975) BLU-RAY - June 11th
THE DRIVER (1978) BLU-RAY - June 11th
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN (1970) - June 11th

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 235 OFFLINE   lukejosephchung

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter

• 1,255 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA., USA

Posted February 01 2013 - 05:32 AM

An extremely eclectic selection of titles for this coming Spring from Twilight Time, Ron...I imagine that "The Fury" & "Christine" will sell out quickly as horror genre titles seem to go especially fast from them!!!Posted Image

#3 of 235 OFFLINE   Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway

captveg

• 7,303 posts
  • LocationNorth Hollywood, CA

Posted February 01 2013 - 05:40 AM

The Driver is the first release of theirs that I consider a must have. Very excited for it.

"And now the reprimand, from an American critic. He reproaches me for using film as a sacred & lasting medium, like a painting or a book. He does not believe that filmmaking is an inferior art, but he believes, and quite rightly, that a reel goes quickly, that the public are looking above all for relaxation, that film is fragile and that it is pretentious to express the power of one's soul by such ephemeral and delicate means, that Charlie Chaplin's or Buster Keaton's first films can only be seen on very rare and badly spoiled prints. I add that the cinema is making daily progress and that eventually films that we consider marvelous today will soon be forgotten because of new dimensions & colour. This is true. But for 4 weeks this film [The Blood of a Poet] has been shown to audiences that have been so attentive, so eager & so warm, that I wonder after all there is not an anonymous public who are looking for more than relaxation in the cinema." - Jean Cocteau, 1932

#4 of 235 OFFLINE   Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:00 AM

Just wanted to add that THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN is of course also a BLU-RAY. A typo in the release seems to indicate it isn't, but fear not, it is...a beautiful transfer for this rare classic as well.

";s:7:"insider

#5 of 235 ONLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,507 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:08 AM

Does Twilight Time have any plans to release GOOD MORNING, MISS DOVE which has never had a video release at all, that I am aware of?

#6 of 235 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:08 AM

So will At Long Last Love go retail like The Grapes of Wrath and Zorba the Greek did? Also, can anyone recommend The Only Game in Town? Seems like one of the more niche and films of that time period and not something I'm too keen on paying full price for blind. I'm down for most of the others on the list though.

#7 of 235 OFFLINE   Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris

Supporting Actor

• 767 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:13 AM

I think The Only Game in Town might have a little bit of a curiosity factor, as it was directed by George Stevens (his final film I believe) - and he was working in a more "open" era of film-making than one usually associated with Stevens.

#8 of 235 OFFLINE   Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker

• 3,149 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:15 AM

Interesting new development with At Long Last Love. Is the price point for this the same as a TT branded release as well?
Yes, these strange things happen all the time - PT Anderson, Magnolia

#9 of 235 OFFLINE   Wade Sowers

Wade Sowers

Second Unit

• 307 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:34 AM

Very excited about the two fims by Walter Hill, as well as a Blu-ray of my favorite color noir LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN - I saw a new print/restoration of this one at a festival a few years ago and it was beautiful.

#10 of 235 OFFLINE   Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 06:48 AM

A few quick points:

We had licensed GOOD MORNING MISS DOVE, but the elements were not in good enough shape. (Expect to see it as an MOD.)

AT LONG LAST LOVE will retail at a slightly lower price-point - most likely $24.95. It will be exclusive to SAE for distribution, and will not be available anywhere else.

The LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN transfer is from 2010, and generated with assistance from Martin Scorsese's Foundation. Needless to say, it is stunning.

#11 of 235 OFFLINE   Powell&Pressburger

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter

• 1,320 posts
  • LocationMPLS, MN

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:01 AM

I'm super excited for The Driver (1978) I know Japan released a Blu recently but it was 1080i and I heard not the best possible transfer.

Stop the Replacing of original Studio Opening / Closing logos! They are part of film history.

Marantz SR7007 MartinLogan: ESL, Grotto i, Motif, FX2, Motion 15
Oppo BDP-103 Region Free Pioneer LD CLD-D505
Panasonic 65" TC-P65ZT60

#12 of 235 OFFLINE   JoHud

JoHud

Screenwriter

• 2,728 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:22 AM

We had licensed GOOD MORNING MISS DOVE, but the elements were not in good enough shape. (Expect to see it as an MOD.

So, P&S then :P

#13 of 235 OFFLINE   Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald

Screenwriter

• 1,648 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:31 AM

How about ONE MILLION YEARS B.C. (1966)? Let's see... * Ray Harryhausen animated dinosaurs... check. * Raquel Welch, in her most iconic role, wearing next to nothing... check. * Incredibly scenic vistas of one of the Canary Islands... check. * Mario Nascimbene unusual score, ideal for an isolated music track... check. * The full, 100-minute cut of the film, which was denied us in Fox's previous R1 DVD release (yet came out in R2 and on Fox's domestic LD)... check. * Sci-fi releases generally do well for Twilight Time... check. So......?

My Current Damage at DVD Aficionado

Wanted in R1: UNEARTHLY STRANGER ('63) / IF I HAD A MILLION ('32) / THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK ('41) / IT CONQUERED THE WORLD ('56) / TERROR ABOARD ('33) / DANGER ROUTE ('68) / THE BLISS OF MRS. BLOSSOM ('68) / GUNN ('67) / ZOO IN BUDAPEST ('33) / THE SEA WOLF ('41) / DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS ('63, restored) / ALAKAZAM THE GREAT ('60) / DARKER THAN AMBER ('70) / THEY WON'T BELIEVE ME ('47) / CROSSWINDS ('51) / JIVARO ('54)

Wanted TV-on-DVD: T.H.E. CAT (1966-67) / SUSPICION (1957-58) / WAY OUT (1961) / ALFRED HITCHCOCK HOUR (1962-65) / PANIC! (1957-58) / CORONET BLUE (1965) / DRAGNET ('50s) / NEW ADVENTURES OF HUCK FINN (1968) / BUS STOP (1961-62) / THE WESTERNER (1960) / THE IMMORTAL (1970) / BLUE LIGHT (1966) / TERRIERS (2010) / THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS (1966)

#14 of 235 OFFLINE   Twilight Time

Twilight Time

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:34 AM

We hear you, Peter...:)

We've enquired about the title from the powers-that-be, but so far, no dice!

#15 of 235 OFFLINE   Mark Collins

Mark Collins

Screenwriter

• 2,138 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:36 AM

Thank you Twilight Time again for these two great classic films. I also thank you for giving us a list of whats to come in the next months. Gives all of us fans something to look forward to and budget for. Long Live Twilight Time!!!!!!! THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - March 26th LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th Would love to see Beyond The 12 Mile Reef Garden of Evil

#16 of 235 ONLINE   Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray

Screenwriter

• 1,507 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted February 01 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thank you Twilight Time again for these two great classic films. I also thank you for giving us a list of whats to come in the next months. Gives all of us fans something to look forward to and budget for. Long Live Twilight Time!!!!!!! THE SONG OF BERNADETTE (1943) BLU-RAY - March 26th LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN (1945) BLU-RAY - May 14th

I agree. These are two of my favorite Fox films of the forties and I can't wait to pre-order.

#17 of 235 OFFLINE   haineshisway

haineshisway

Screenwriter

• 2,364 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:15 AM

So will At Long Last Love go retail like The Grapes of Wrath and Zorba the Greek did? Also, can anyone recommend The Only Game in Town? Seems like one of the more niche and films of that time period and not something I'm too keen on paying full price for blind. I'm down for most of the others on the list though.

I can certainly recommend The Only Game in Town. Very underrated - although it's hard to underrate a film that most people haven't seen - but that doesn't stop the yokels on the imdb. It's from a lovely play by Frank D. Gilroy, and it's Elizabeth Taylor and Warren Beatty, both looking impossibly beautiful. And there's some gambling, which is always a plus.

#18 of 235 ONLINE   Ejanss

Ejanss

Screenwriter

• 1,802 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:40 AM

Interesting new development with At Long Last Love. Is the price point for this the same as a TT branded release as well?

This is about the only time you'll ever hear anyone describe a release of At Long Last Love as "Good news". :D (Tried to watch a half hour on Netflix, and it is the very definition of "Yes, it IS as bad as you've only heard.") TT only came about because of the spread of Warner's Disease, where the major studios becoming paranoid of releasing catalog vintage, because they didn't want to do the hard drudgery work of making niche sales try and recoup the mastering costs. But while Warner just packed them all off to Archive Siberia, Fox is recognizing that we have good small studios that can do the mastering but can't afford to sell them. TT seems better off as a restore-for-hire packaging company for Fox and Sony to handle the hard selling work, and not have to have such a high small-press price as the TT disks. Had Sony been tolerant enough to repackage TT's Mysterious Island or Bye Bye Birdie under a Sony label at more available Sony prices, I'd have bought them. Paramount would be wise to call up Olive Films and get in on the idea.

#19 of 235 OFFLINE   Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 834 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:44 AM

I'm looking forward to Major Dundee and it's nice to see a specific release date on it.

#20 of 235 OFFLINE   Aunt Peg

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator

• 88 posts

Posted February 01 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'll be buying The Fury, The Driver and Leave Her to Heaven.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Twilight Time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users