What's new

Blu Ray & DVD Cases (1 Viewer)

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn't hink it belonged in "Softwear"...
I am looking for bulk and single Blu Ray and DVD cases. I need 2-Disc and Three Disc Blu and DVD cases.
Does anyone know where (a website) to get good quality cases? not those flimsy ones that break easily...
Thanks!

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I've only ordered blu-ray cases, but they are equal to commercial cases. I typically buy 2, 3, 5, or 6 disc cases, and they are solid.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I went over to usplastic.com and found navigation a little bit complicated. After you click on DVD cases from the home page, click on tinted DVD cases to get to Blu-ray cases. Prices look good.

Porfirio

Second Unit
When it comes to 2-disc Blu-ray cases, I get the Dynex brand from Best Buy (they carry them in-store). They are the same thickness as the Amaray/Elite cases and are of good quality. Best of all, they are not eco cases! :D

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by Porfirio
When it comes to 2-disc Blu-ray cases, I get the Dynex brand from Best Buy (they carry them in-store). They are the same thickness as the Amaray/Elite cases and are of good quality. Best of all, they are not eco cases!
Same here. They seem slightly wider as the spine sometimes reveals part of the front and back artwork. Especially skinny Sony titles.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Warren, I notice you're from Edmonton. Shipping prices from the US can be ridiculous, especially when dealing with 3rd party distributors, but I digress. Prices appear to be much more reasonable from Amazon.ca, but the key is to buy in larger quantities (10-20 rather than 1 or 2). Even if you don't need them right now, you likely will in the future. Last time I bought bu-ray cases, I got them from tigerdirect.ca, and they were good quality cases.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
This thread gave me the push I needed to finally order some blu-ray cases to get some discs out of book / fancy packaging / multi-movie single case / Blockbuster rental cases into plain cases. I just ordered 100 2-disc blu-ray cases from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FSBZNC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 I'll let you know how they are. The reviews indicate that sometimes they are not proper sized/blu-ray logo cases and other times they are.

Anyone know of a one disc Blu-ray slim case that's not warped? I've gotten some from two different companies, and each has the outside clear plastic so tight around the case that the case has a concave contour from left to right.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I get my Blu-ray cases from Sleeve City (www.sleevetown.com -- don't ask me why the difference). They have singles, doubles and triples. My DVD cases are from United States Plastic Corp. (www.usplastic.com) because they have the good original Amaray cases (item #002754) that Sleeve City, for some reason I don't understand, does not.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
When I bought the two three-disc Blu-Ray cases from USplastics, I never thought shipping would be $30!!! I understand they are comming from the US to Canada, but come on! I've bought 1,000 thing from the US and I don't think I've EVER had such bad price to shipping ratio. :/ On the plus side, these blu-ray cases are amazingly sturdy... very good quality.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by battlebeast
When I bought the two three-disc Blu-Ray cases from USplastics, I never thought shipping would be $30!!! I understand they are comming from the US to Canada, but come on! I've bought 1,000 thing from the US and I don't think I've EVER had such bad price to shipping ratio. :/
On the plus side, these blu-ray cases are amazingly sturdy... very good quality.
You knew before you pulled the trigger, didn't you?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by battlebeast
Actually, NO, I didn't. The way the site worked, it would tell me te shipping price.
Yikes. I guess that's a lesson learned.
I can't imagine how an e-tailer could get away with charging you for something that they didn't lay out to you ahead of time.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
By the way, I always like to point out this thread to people interested in buying cases.
We had a huge thing going a few years ago with people downsizing their DVD collections by buying slim cases. There's lots of good information on retailers and e-tailers in this thread about where to get good deals on cases. It's a long, old thread...but there's still good information in the last several pages.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/117251/dvd-thinpak-and-other-slim-cases
Here's another vendor from the last page of that thread: http://www.shop4tech.com/item8637.html

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I received my 100 double blu-ray cases and used most of them to convert my Blockbuster bought blus from DVD sized cases to normal blu cases. FedEx did their best to destroy them but it came double boxed so the cases were unaffected by the smashed in corner of the outer box. The cases are almost identical to ordinary blu cases. The top part where the BR logo is is slightly taller and the color is slightly more greenish. If someone was handed the case without a regular one, I think most people wouldn't be able to tell if it was an original or one of these. Very worthwhile at $0.34 each. However, now I'm thinking I might have been better off going slim cases though because I am running out of room fast. I like having all my movies in alpha order and in separate boxes for easy viewing and removing but that does use a lot of space.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon
By the way, I always like to point out this thread to people interested in buying cases.
We had a huge thing going a few years ago with people downsizing their DVD collections by buying slim cases. There's lots of good information on retailers and e-tailers in this thread about where to get good deals on cases. It's a long, old thread...but there's still good information in the last several pages.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/117251/dvd-thinpak-and-other-slim-cases
Originally Posted by Chuck Anstey
However, now I'm thinking I might have been better off going slim cases though because I am running out of room fast. I like having all my movies in alpha order and in separate boxes for easy viewing and removing but that does use a lot of space.
It's just that type of thinking that prompts me to post the link to that other thread, Chuck.
We've all been there. And different people handle the space crunch in different ways. I cannot believe how my Blu collection has overtaken my DVD collection and is now putting me in the position of having to make some more difficult choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks