-

Photo
- - - - -

I cant get the surround to work on TV channels!!!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 pandaninja

pandaninja

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 04:58 PM

I have a Samsung S4250 and a Sony 5.1 surround sound/DVD player DAVDZ175. I cant get the sound to work on tv channels...I remember when i originally hooked up the tv and surround sound there was something in one of the menus that i had to change. I have all the cords hooked up correctly - HDMI & digital optical (no red/white/yellow hookup on sony)...can someone please tell me what i need to do? i miss my surround sound :'(

#2 of 4 gartronics

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted February 02 2013 - 10:46 PM

Firstly, not all tv channels send a surround signal. Some channels are only stereo so they will not have surround unless you have a simulated surround effect on your system. You may just have to play around in the audio menu. Maybe a setting that says "downmix" or "pro logic" Once you are sure you got the audio mode right there should be a setting that allows you to adjust volume levels for each channel. I usually turn the surrounds up all the way, of coarse that's not the optimal way nut they will for sure be heard. Hope this helps you.

#3 of 4 pandaninja

pandaninja

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 01:27 AM

Thank you for your response. On the surround sound it is set on pro logic, there is something I need to change on the tv's menu but I can't remember what it was and I can't find the manual.....

#4 of 4 gartronics

gartronics

Stunt Coordinator

• 101 posts

Posted February 04 2013 - 05:05 PM

Maybe you have to activate the audio out option in the tv, or set the mode. I tried to look up"Samsung S4250" and it just finds fugifilm cameras and other non relevant junk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users