-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (3D Blu-ray Combo) (Blu-ray Combo) available for preorder

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 39,314 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 09:13 AM

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 7 Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,463 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted January 29 2013 - 09:25 AM

That was fast.

#3 of 7 Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel

Producer

• 4,625 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 09:42 AM

Not too surprising considering how awful the reviews have been for this feature. I just posted that I'll pass on purchasing the first film of The Hobbit Series in another thread and now I confess that I might have to rent this to see the lovely Gemma Arterton. :o - Walter.
Fidelity to the source should always be the goal for Blu-ray releases.

#4 of 7 Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 9,708 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 29 2013 - 09:55 AM

I half expected this to debut on the front of a cereal box.

#5 of 7 TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,042 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 31 2013 - 07:00 PM

I was surprised to see Will Ferrel and Adam McCay are the producers.
facebook.com/whotony

#6 of 7 Jbug

Jbug

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted February 03 2013 - 01:08 PM

Word of mouth has this as a good movie. Despite the professional reviews my wife and I went to see this. I'm big on a good fairy tale movie, TV show or cartoon (Fractured Fairy Tales) so this was a gimmee. I'm glad to say that we both liked it. User reviews on RT are very good as well. My only grip is that the actress who played the big bad witch (XMen Jean Grey lady) might as well had phoned in her part. There was no life to her as she appeared to be going through the motions. Even her facial expressions were off the mark. The underling witches were more interesting than her. Otherwise, great story and action and the icing is witches hopping on brooms and taking flight. I got a kick out of that and the troll Edward.

#7 of 7 Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,523 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted February 19 2013 - 05:28 AM

I saw this yesterday and also enjoyed it for the action and FX, though the story is kind of flimsy. The film was very short, too. I felt like the thing just got started, then it was over. Famke Janssen played the lead witch. She's been quoted in articles as saying she really only took the role for the paycheck (she's trying to finance and direct her own personal film project) and didn't really understand the character very well. Though I'm not sure how "deep" a wicked witch is, to begin with.
The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users