Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Shout Factory Press Release: Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot: The Complete Series

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,964 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 07:17 AM

JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT: THE COMPLETE SERIES

FEATURING ALL 26 EPISODES, PLUS A 24-PAGE BOOK

IN A SPECIAL 4-DVD COLLECTOR’S EDITION SET

LANDS ON HOME ENTERTAINMENT SHELVES EVERYWHERE

OWN IT ON MARCH 26, 2013 FROM SHOUT! FACTORY

“Robot, attack! Robot, destroy!” These commands launched a thousand sci-fi fantasies for budding fans of the genre, just as they brought Johnny Sokko’s Giant Robot into imminent battle action! Under the voice control of young Johnny Sokko, the massive, flying metal behemoth would bring his fiery breath, laser eyes, finger-launched missiles and, above all, his physical strength into battle with countless menacing monsters bent on destroying the Earth!

This epic fantasy series from Toei Studios aired from 1967 – 1968 and garnered even more fans in after-school reruns throughout the 70s. Collected here for the first time on DVD are all 26 episodes of explosive kaiju battles, nefarious alien takeover plots and mind-blowing heroics from jet-packed Johnny Sokko and his equally airborne friend and protector: giant robot!  This special 4-DVD collector’s edition includes a 24-page book with special essay by August Ragone. 

Approx. Running Time: +/- 11 ¼  Hours

Loyal fans and collectors can pre-order this long-awaited collection now at ShoutFactory.com or Amazon.com

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 4 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,655 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted February 12 2013 - 12:24 AM

Pre-ordered this yesterday just for the heck of it. I have a boot, but this is better. And, can't encourage this stuff enough. Wish the film was included too. I think the movie was produced using just footage from episodes. Still be good to have it. Now, if shout! could get Space Giants and Spectre Man, people around the house would think I'm speaking in tongues, but it would just be speaking in Japanese Dub, voice not matching... just to freak them out.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#3 of 4 Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 589 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 11:24 AM

Already pre-ordered. Loved this as a kid, dreamed about having my own giant robot. Liked this better than Ultra Man.

#4 of 4 Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,655 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted February 12 2013 - 10:52 PM

Bob, you and me both! What could you NOT do as a kid with your own giant robot.
Silly Party Candidate:  Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users