Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

WHV Press Release: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 of 34 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,300 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted January 30 2013 - 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by MattAlbie60  Yeah, that must be it.
Oh dear, people still don't know that things like mean it is a "joke/light hearted" statement as opposed to a scholastic dissertation. The internet must be a horrible place for you people.

#22 of 34 OFFLINE   Bob_S.

Bob_S.

Supporting Actor

• 673 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 08:31 AM

Agreed, Randy. I thought the movie went by pretty quick. Didn't even need a potty break! As a FAN I'll buy the theatrical, extended and boxset versions. I do have some quibbles about it but all in all I really enjoyed it. I went into the movie with low expectations but now I anticipate the next 2 movies to be even better.

#23 of 34 OFFLINE   Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 09:06 AM

I thought the movie went by pretty quick.
It did for me, as well. I never noticed any lagging moments.

#24 of 34 OFFLINE   MattAlbie60

MattAlbie60

I Work for Mr. E. H. Harriman of the Union Pacific Railroad.

• 561 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted January 30 2013 - 11:14 AM

Oh dear, people still don't know that things like :laugh: :P ;) mean it is a "joke/light hearted" statement as opposed to a scholastic dissertation. The internet must be a horrible place for you people.
You were sarcastically joking, and then I was sarcastically joking, and now I'm in trouble. I don't understand what happened here.

#25 of 34 OFFLINE   Hal F

Hal F

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 12:08 PM

You're either a fan or your just a casual viewer. For a fan there is no such thing as a LOTR or Hobbit movie that is too long. That said: Bring on The inevitable extended version of The Hobbit and of the Hobbit parts 2 and 3 extended when they are released.:tu::rock: And The sports game comparison is an excellent point. Same thing: Never too long for fans, Too long for casual viewers.
I am a big fan of Tolkien's books, but have been disappointed with P. Jackson's vision of those books. Managed to sit through the extended versions of LOTR. But have zero interest in doing so again. Nor any desire to spend the time even viewing The Hobbit one time. But if you are a fan of the films that is fine with me. Hope they do a good job and put out a decent blu-ray of The Hobbit.

#26 of 34 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,096 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 05:26 AM

New information updated in the original post.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#27 of 34 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 42,096 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 10:05 AM

We finally received the official press release.  Just updated.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#28 of 34 OFFLINE   Tommy R

Tommy R

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted February 05 2013 - 04:54 PM

I LOVED the film, but unless I can pick it up for something like $10, I'm gonna have to wait for the extended edition (OR a confirmation that there wont be an extended edition). I'm not saying this as a complaint (actually more of a praise), but the theatrical cut of this film DID have the pacing of the extended LotR versions. It wouldn't break my heart if they didn't make an extended cut, but if they do: bring it on! The more the merrier. I can't imagine any extra scenes adding up to too much screen time (at least not of the level of LotR).

#29 of 34 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,287 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:29 AM

Curious packaging for the 3D version, is this 'The Hobbit', or 'The Wizard'?  Maybe it's a slipcover and the underneath cover will feature Bilbo...
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#30 of 34 OFFLINE   Billy Batson

Billy Batson

Screenwriter

• 1,653 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:44 AM

I LOVED the film, but unless I can pick it up for something like $10, I'm gonna have to wait for the extended edition (OR a confirmation that there wont be an extended edition). I'm not saying this as a complaint (actually more of a praise), but the theatrical cut of this film DID have the pacing of the extended LotR versions. It wouldn't break my heart if they didn't make an extended cut, but if they do: bring it on! The more the merrier. I can't imagine any extra scenes adding up to too much screen time (at least not of the level of LotR).
Well patience & you'll get it for $10. I remember paying £14 for the DVD of the first film & only £10 for the Blu-ray box of all three! The hated theatrical cuts I know (but I seem to remember people quite enjoying them when they saw them at the cinema), & I don't know about any extended versions of The Hobbit, I think the book's already been extended to breaking point!

#31 of 34 OFFLINE   Doctorossi

Doctorossi

Supporting Actor

• 841 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:47 AM

Curious packaging for the 3D version, is this 'The Hobbit', or 'The Wizard'?
Well, it is part one of three.

#32 of 34 OFFLINE   Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill

Producer

• 5,550 posts
  • LocationDFW

Posted February 06 2013 - 04:51 AM

Curious packaging for the 3D version, is this 'The Hobbit', or 'The Wizard'? 
I thought exactly the same thing!

#33 of 34 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,287 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Doctorossi  Well, it is part one of three.
Yes, then the can put Radagast on the cover of The Desolation of Smaug, and Sauraman on the cover of There and Back Again, to complete the Grey / Brown / White trilogy! 
-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#34 of 34 OFFLINE   Tommy R

Tommy R

Stunt Coordinator

• 209 posts

Posted February 06 2013 - 03:47 PM

Well patience & you'll get it for $10. I remember paying £14 for the DVD of the first film & only £10 for the Blu-ray box of all three! The hated theatrical cuts I know (but I seem to remember people quite enjoying them when they saw them at the cinema), & I don't know about any extended versions of The Hobbit, I think the book's already been extended to breaking point!
Yeah, but I was just wanting to see the film another time or two before the potential EE gets released. Not a biggie if I have to wait a few more months for it, perhaps I can squeeze in another trip to the theaters while it's still playing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users