Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Can we please get "Cavalcade" added to the list?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 of 11 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted January 28 2013 - 05:16 AM

Can we please get "Cavalcade" added to the list?

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#2 of 11 OFFLINE   Nick*Z

Nick*Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 229 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 06:24 AM

No kidding! What an under seen and under referenced Oscar winner! Cavalcade on Blu? By all means - YES!

#3 of 11 OFFLINE   PODER

PODER

Second Unit

• 282 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 11:22 AM

Go, Noey!! And while we're on the subject of Mr. Coward, what about THE SCOUNDREL, in which he appeared? It won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay ... Hecht and MacArthur ... and features appearances by several members of The Algonquin Roundtable. A little known but quite wonderful fantasy film ...

#4 of 11 OFFLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 582 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 12:55 PM

It's my number one request to Fox for the full blu-ray treatment. And, I do hope they give us that instead of a standard DVD release. However, anything would be nice.

#5 of 11 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,259 posts

Posted January 28 2013 - 02:55 PM

I find it utterly perplexing that Fox created a DVD of "Cavalcade" and never released it outside of an expensive boxed set.  I was okay with it as an exclusive for a while, but it's been more than two years - why not finally release it on its own?

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com

#6 of 11 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 30,165 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted January 28 2013 - 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Colin Jacobson 

I find it utterly perplexing that Fox created a DVD of "Cavalcade" and never released it outside of an expensive boxed set.  I was okay with it as an exclusive for a while, but it's been more than two years - why not finally release it on its own?

+1  We've been patient for too long.

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#7 of 11 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,915 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 29 2013 - 06:20 PM

If you see TwilightTime around the site you can ask them if they are trying to get it from Fox, and/or put it in the "write-in" box every day so they will see the demand for it.

#8 of 11 ONLINE   moviepas

moviepas

Second Unit

• 440 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 06:36 PM

Cavalcade, yes. I do have it but a poor copy. That expensive box set was not for most people on this site, we would have had all or most of those titles. Too hard to sell off those copies top get the box set!!! MGM/UA did the same trick with their box that included Goldwyn titles I wanted. Hopefully Warner will correct this now and on Blu Ray. Being suddenly aware that Warner has released Goldwyn's Wuthering Heights this month, I was not amused to see it is a DVD and not a Blu. makes little sense under the circumstances.

#9 of 11 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 11,566 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 30 2013 - 12:16 AM

I guess since Wuthering Heights was out of print for so long, they felt a DVD was sufficient, but naturally I wanted a Blu version to replace my old DVD.

#10 of 11 OFFLINE   battlebeast

battlebeast

Supporting Actor

• 769 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted January 31 2013 - 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

If you see TwilightTime around the site you can ask them if they are trying to get it from Fox, and/or put it in the "write-in" box every day so they will see the demand for it.

Me too!

I recently watched all 485 Best pictures (plus about 10 others films) in 365 days! www.oscarmovs.com

#11 of 11 OFFLINE   Ed Lachmann

Ed Lachmann

Supporting Actor

• 582 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 06:45 AM

Being suddenly aware that Warner has released Goldwyn's Wuthering Heights this month, I was not amused to see it is a DVD and not a Blu. makes little sense under the circumstances.

Yes, what the hell is going on with these annoying retro-minded studios recently? New releases of SAMSON AND DELILAH, BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES, THE BISHOP'S WIFE and WUTHERING HEIGHTS in standard DVD ONLY releases. Do they think that ALL classic film collectors are neanderthals living in the 20th Century and have never heard of a blu-ray player? At least I'll save a bundle by NOT spending my money on any of them, as I have three of them on regular DVD already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users