Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

TH V network....very happy

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 01:02 PM

The double feature DVD s of United Artists titles are very satisfying. Finally we have THE MERCENARY, A MATTER OF TIME and especially CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER. With Shout Factory knocking out genre titles and this companies fast turnout, maybe we will soon see RETURN TO MACON COUNTY, LAST EMBRACE, MIXED COMPANY, JENNIFER, SHARKS TREASURE, WHERE THE LILLIES BLOOM, and many others. I meant TGG Network

#2 of 7 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,101 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 01:41 PM

I assume this is what MGM is doing now that Fox is tending to its own MOD line...please let us know as more go up, thanks.

#3 of 7 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,101 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 06:33 AM

I picked some of these up. Note that KILLER FORCE, paired with that same year's BRANNIGAN, is full-frame (and an OK transfer). So is A MATTER OF TIME (paired with JINXED!) but given the rarity of the title I suppose one can be indulgent and give it a pass. (It is, however, incorrectly ID'ed as 1:85 16:9 on the box).

#4 of 7 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yes, it was a bit disappointing. A MATTER OF TIME is a minor work by the great Vincent's Minelli, but not quite the atrocity they made it seem. It had one of the worst engagements in Radio City Music Halls 70s output. Far worst of period pieces that year was the abysmal THE INCREDIBLE SARAH. We should be used to these erroneous aspect ratios listed on the cover. But, I am enjoying these obscurities overall. FROM NOON TILL THREE was also a pleasant surprise.

#5 of 7 Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill

Screenwriter

• 2,101 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 02:28 PM

THE INCREDIBLE SARAH...there's one that's disappeared.

#6 of 7 Louis Letizia

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor

• 815 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 03:04 AM

THE INCREDIBLE SARAH...there's one that's disappeared.

Rightfully so! A Richard Fleischer costume G rated drama starring Glenda Jackson one year after MANDINGO? Cant gert more opposite than that! Nonetheless, I am curious who has rights to THE INCREDIBLE SARAH? MGM ? Other family entertainments of the period Id like to see : WHERE THE LILLIES BLOOM (is it still MGM?) BIRCH INTERVAL (a luminous Ann Wedgeworth) PART 2 : SOUNDER (who owns this? Seemingly lost. The old Variet I looked up suggested this was a major boxoffice fiasco in New York)

#7 of 7 Jon Hertzberg

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter

• 1,457 posts

Posted March 12 2013 - 03:42 PM

Noel Nosseck's YOUNGBLOOD has also been given a release.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users