Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Speakers with two sets of inputs

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 dbenny

dbenny

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 09:40 AM

I have a pair of tower speakers made by severtson corporation, who makes cinema screens and who briefly manufactured home theater sound systems. The literature rates their imp0edance at 8 ohms, but they have two sets of inputs, assumable one for lower frequencies and one for higher frequencies. My question is, if they are rated at 8 ohms, can I run two wires from the same connector on the back of my home theater receiver and connect to these two inputs, or will that cause the impedance to drop to 4 ohms? There is a four ohm setting on the receiver, just wnating to make sure I am not going to blow up my reciever. thanks.

#2 of 3 Brainwasher

Brainwasher

Stunt Coordinator

• 168 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted January 27 2013 - 09:59 AM

Is there some sort of plate or otherwise connecting them? The four posts are for bi-wiring a separate amplifier. You only need one set of speaker as long as the posts are linked. This will maintain the 8 ohm impedance. You can connect to either set of posts as long as the link is there.

#3 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 12,838 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 27 2013 - 10:36 AM

It would help to snap a picture. I have a feeling these speakers can only be used bi-amped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users