• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 dbenny

dbenny

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 27 2013 - 09:40 AM

I have a pair of tower speakers made by severtson corporation, who makes cinema screens and who briefly manufactured home theater sound systems. The literature rates their imp0edance at 8 ohms, but they have two sets of inputs, assumable one for lower frequencies and one for higher frequencies. My question is, if they are rated at 8 ohms, can I run two wires from the same connector on the back of my home theater receiver and connect to these two inputs, or will that cause the impedance to drop to 4 ohms? There is a four ohm setting on the receiver, just wnating to make sure I am not going to blow up my reciever. thanks.

#2 of 3 Brainwasher

Brainwasher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted January 27 2013 - 09:59 AM

Is there some sort of plate or otherwise connecting them? The four posts are for bi-wiring a separate amplifier. You only need one set of speaker as long as the posts are linked. This will maintain the 8 ohm impedance. You can connect to either set of posts as long as the link is there.

#3 of 3 schan1269

schan1269

HTF Expert

• 11,953 posts
  • LocationChicago-ish/NW Indiana

Posted January 27 2013 - 10:36 AM

It would help to snap a picture. I have a feeling these speakers can only be used bi-amped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users