What's new

ONE STEP BEYOND (1 Viewer)

EOFPA

Auditioning
Real Name
Elroy
Ok,so now the public has waited for sometime just to get season one of (ONE STEP BEYOND) on dvd & the clock is yet ticking when will the second season be comming out:confused: the fact is that the baby boomers remember this show growing up watching it with their parents as well many other good shows such as,HIGHWAY PATROL/SEA HUNT/THE BIG VALLEY/THE RIFLEMAN/AMOS N ANDY/THE FBI & so many others that where great shows we enjoyed! what I cannot figure out is when the baby boomers are gone who will remember any of these shows @ all:confused:l I had a talk sometime ago with paramount studios about them to release gomer pyle & surprise!surprise!surprise! they finally did release the entire seasons of the show on dvd:P! what I will be doing soon is having another talk with them about few shows to have them put on their lists of requests from the public & hopefully they will understand the lodgic of what the baby boomers are wanting to see on dvd & not be waiting for few more years to pass by till they do something,if anyone else has any information about a possible release date on any of the above shows please let me know.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
EOFPA said:
Ok,so now the public has waited for sometime just to get season one of (ONE STEP BEYOND) on dvd & the clock is yet ticking when will the second season be comming out:confused:
Most likely, Season One didn't meet sales expectations (probably due in no small measure to all the cheap--but crummy--public domain discs floating around out there), so I doubt Paramount will spend the time/effort to clean up and release the other seasons, which is a shame, but is looking to be the most likely outcome.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Too bad. The official DVDs were probably the only place to watch them uncut. Good luck looking for uncut episodes on 16mm on Ebay.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Don't give up on One Step Beyond yet! CBS Paramount could still decide to release Season 2 on DVD. Even more encouraging, which may help One Step Beyond Season 2 get released is the fact that CBS Paramount has started a MOD Manufactured on Demand Program like Warner Archives. CBS has starting releasing stuff they own in DVD-R MOD format. CBS has recently released Cannon Season 3 and the 1972 TV Movie Killer By Night on MOD DVD-R. The CBS MOD Program only increase the odds of shows like One Step Beyond getting more releases out! I hope CBS will release all thier shows that fans want on either DVD or through the MOD DVD-R program. The CBS MOD program is good news to all fans of classic TV and will allow more shows to get released! Take Care! Robert

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
I've only just recently discovered this show (a few eps are on the 25-DVD Classic Television Legends set from Mill Creek). Loved Norma Crane in "Dead Ringer" and Cloris Leachman in "The Dark Room".

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I would buy season 2 just to get Elizabeth Montgomery's appearance in the episode "The Death Waltz".
I only have a poor quality homemade version.
EDIT: Just learned that the episode is from season 3--not season 2.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Ron Lee Green said:
I would buy season 2 just to get Elizabeth Montgomery's appearance in the episode "The Death Waltz". I only have a poor quality homemade version.
Same here. We probably got it from the same source. I have the second season but I think from memory most are syndicated edited copies. Some from Sci-Fi channel (with redone opening and end titles), various cheap PD dvd's that Andy mentioned above and others from channel 31 in Australia etc.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The CBS set sold poorly. The majority of the public would rather buy the cheap PD sets from Crapmart than pay more for good quality. Sad but true. I have mine from mid-80s syndication but those are cut to around 22 minutes. I think that there are at least 30 episodes than never made the rounds of the PD releases.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Neil Brock said:
The CBS set sold poorly. The majority of the public would rather buy the cheap PD sets from Crapmart than pay more for good quality. Sad but true. I have mine from mid-80s syndication but those are cut to around 22 minutes. I think that there are at least 30 episodes than never made the rounds of the PD releases.
If I'm not mistaken, among the "not released" episodes are the entirety of the third season (or, at least, all of the ones produced in England).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
AndyMcKinney said:
If I'm not mistaken, among the "not released" episodes are the entirety of the third season (or, at least, all of the ones produced in England).
Those are pretty much the only ones still under copyright.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
MCCLOUD said:
Don't give up on One Step Beyond yet! CBS Paramount could still decide to release Season 2 on DVD. Even more encouraging, which may help One Step Beyond Season 2 get released is the fact that CBS Paramount has started a MOD Manufactured on Demand Program like Warner Archives. CBS has starting releasing stuff they own in DVD-R MOD format. CBS has recently released Cannon Season 3 and the 1972 TV Movie Killer By Night on MOD DVD-R. The CBS MOD Program only increase the odds of shows like One Step Beyond getting more releases out! I hope CBS will release all thier shows that fans want on either DVD or through the MOD DVD-R program. The CBS MOD program is good news to all fans of classic TV and will allow more shows to get released! Take Care! Robert
I'm hoping for that too, Robert. Even if not remastered and HD transferred, it'd be a good idea to release the remaining seasons as MODs, ideal I should think too for titles with smaller sales numbers. It's a great series indeed, many more should see it. Also extremely nice to see they're doing TV movies now like Warner's WAC, wonder if they've done more than this one, hopefully more on the way!

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
I would love to see this show released on MOD or otherwise…although, I wouldn’t bother if the episodes are edited. This is too good a show to be edited by a single second! The Sci-Fi channel rebroadcasts (with new titles and tinted colour on John Newland’s introductions) were the best and clearest quality episodes, albeit the most heavily edited episodes unfortunately. Thanks Robert for making me aware of the release of “Killer by Night”. I ordered it yesterday after seeing your post. :) Like Henry, I really hope there are many more 60’s/70’s TV movies in the offering.

Bobbo

Grip
Real Name
Robert
I also would love to see a MOD release of Season 2 and 3...and while we're at it, how about the late 70's "Next Step Beyond" that John Newland produced/hosted? (if I remember correctly, these were a mixture of original stories and remakes of some OSB episodes, some being filmed and some videotaped.)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
You are welcome Patrick! My brother and I got Cannon Season 3 and Killer By Night. Cannon Season 3 looks about like Seasons 1 and 2 did. We are happy to Have Cannon Season 3 on DVD and hope Season 4 and 5 come out too! The Killer By Night TV Movie looks very good in my opinion! Let me know what you think! I hope this means CBS Paramount will keep on releasing more 1960's and 1970's TV Movies on MOD. Some I particulary want that I believe CBS Paramount might own are: Weekend Of Terror 1970 Robert Conrad Five Desperate Women 1971 Robert Conrad Spelling Productions I wonder if Paramount does indeed own this now? Crowhaven Farm 1970 Hope Lange Spelling Productions I wonder if Paramount owns this? The Murder That Wouldn't Die 1976 Mike Conners I wonder if Paramount owns this? Take Care! Robert

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
You are welcome Patrick! My brother and I got Cannon Season 3 and Killer By Night. Cannon Season 3 looks about like Seasons 1 and 2 did. We are happy to Have Cannon Season 3 on DVD and hope Season 4 and 5 come out too! The Killer By Night TV Movie looks very good in my opinion! Let me know what you think! I hope this means CBS Paramount will keep on releasing more 1960's and 1970's TV Movies on MOD. Some I particulary want that I believe CBS Paramount might own are: Weekend Of Terror 1970 Robert Conrad Five Desperate Women 1971 Robert Conrad Spelling Productions I wonder if Paramount does indeed own this now? Crowhaven Farm 1970 Hope Lange Spelling Productions I wonder if Paramount owns this? The Murder That Wouldn't Die 1976 Mike Conners I wonder if Paramount owns this? Take Care! Robert

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I thought The Murder That Wouldn't Die was a William Conrad movie from a few years later. If that's the one, it's a Universal property. If not, tell me more about this Mike Connors movie! In any case, I certainly hope the MOD programs continue releasing TV-movies and unsold pilots like those.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Looked it up myself. It's called The Killer Who Wouldn't Die and it is indeed a Paramount property.

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Thanks Lee! You are right, The Murder That Wouldn't Die is a 1980 William Conrad TV Movie. I would like to see it released too! Take Care! Robert

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
Bobbo said:
I also would love to see a MOD release of Season 2 and 3...and while we're at it, how about the late 70's "Next Step Beyond" that John Newland produced/hosted? (if I remember correctly, these were a mixture of original stories and remakes of some OSB episodes, some being filmed and some videotaped.)
This 1978 follow up series only ran one season. It was not as atmospheric as the original series but I think enjoyable enough all the same and I would love to see this released also. Unfortunately it was produced on a very low budget which didn't help matters. It was a very similar scenario to the 80's Twilight Zone as several episodes were remakes of the original.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
My biggest problem with Next Step was that too many of the stories were inferior remakes of the originals. Also, videotape just gave it a cheap feel and didn't work well with this type of material.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks