Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Dredd 7.2 configuration feature

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 pixelneer

pixelneer

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 04:43 AM

Hey all. Has anyone else had/ seen this issue with the Dredd Blu-ray? Essentially, my 7.2 system has been professionally calibrated, when I go into my receiver setup and test, all speakers respond accordingly. All is good. Now, going into Dredd setup, and they have a handy little 'optimizer' ... go in switch to test 7.2 and.. it proceeds.... and has things all out of whack. According to it, my rear right and left surrounds are the fronts, the sub is non existant along with the two rears. Now when I play the movie, all seems just fine (quite awesome actually) SO, is it just this 'feature' that is clearly hosed, or should I be looking deeper? Thanks in advance. James

#2 of 4 Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,180 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted January 26 2013 - 05:11 AM

Have you tried the speaker check feature on your receiver to verify the wiring? It may seem like a stupid question, but I've been to many clients' homes who tried to hook up their system themselves, and found many of the speakers wired to the wrong terminals, even though they thought it sounded "correct."

#3 of 4 pixelneer

pixelneer

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 05:21 AM

Yeah. First thing I did when it showed things 'incorrectly" on the Dredd feature. I should add, this is all literally 24hrs after I had someone (who recommended these forums) professionally calibrate them and recommended Dredd as a really good showcase movie.

#4 of 4 Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin

Screenwriter

• 2,180 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted January 26 2013 - 05:23 AM

Then I would say it is an issue with the "optimizer" and wouldn't worry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users