What's new

Marvel's Kevin Feige details Phase 3 - Antman has a start date (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/01/25/ant-man-doctor-strange-marvel/ It is really good to know that Antman is coming, will we see the character in Avengers 2 ?
Marvel Studios has a lot in store for fans with their wave of Phase Two films: "Iron Man 3" and "Thor: The Dark World" in 2013, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" in 2014, and "The Avengers 2" in 2015. But Joss Whedon's "Avengers" sequel isn't the only Marvel Studios release scheduled for 2015. In November of that same year, the world will finally see Edgar Wright's "Ant-Man," long-rumored but now on the fast-track towards reality as the official start of Phase Three. "'Ant-Man' is definitely part of Phase Three," Marvel's Kevin Feige told MTV News during our recent interview. "Like 'Iron Man 3,' it's certainly set in the Marvel Universe, but it's also through the lens of Edgar Wright — which is the only reason we're making the movie." "I've known Edgar since our first lunch together at Comic-Con in 2004," he continued. "He asked me what Marvel was doing with 'Ant-Man' — we weren't even a studio then; what a difference eight years makes! It's very much an 'Ant-Man' origin movie from the perspective of Edgar Wright and his co-writer Joe Cornish. It will of course be firmly planted in the MCU, but a different corner than we've seen before."
Indeed, "different corners" appears to be a theme of Marvel's third phase. "So much of the stories we're telling [right now] is about the core 'Avengers' characters we've now met, and they'll be evolving in big, surprising ways, in Cap's next movie and Thor's next movie and of course in 'Iron Man 3,' as we get them all into the next 'Avengers' film," said Feige. "Beyond that… 'Ant-Man' is the only one officially announced, but you probably don't have to look too far to guess at the next list of characters we're toying with and beginning to develop." Could the oft-rumored "Doctor Strange" be a part of those plans? "'Doctor Strange,' which I've been talking about for years, is definitely one of them," he confirmed. "He's a great, original character, and he checks the box off this criteria that I have: he's totally different from anything else we have, just like 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' He's totally different from anything we've done before, as is 'Ant-Man,' which keeps us excited."
If they confirm Adam Sandler and / or Jim Carrey as one of the chararcters in Guardians of the Galaxy, who will be picked as Dr Strange ?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think Viggo Mortenson or Pierce Brosnan would be pretty good choices for Dr. Strange. I think it's a good thing that they are branching out with more new characters. However, I hope Phase three finally gives us a second Hulk film (as well as Thor 3 and Captain America 3).

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Its about time theyre going ahead with Ant-Man.I hope they introduce Ultron in some form. Dr Strange..... love it. PLEASE do this film properly.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I think Marvel needs a female superhero to have her own movie in Phase 3. My favorite females are unfortunately part of the DC Universe (WW, Black Canary) or Fox has the rights (Rogue, Phoenix, Invisible Woman) so not sure which female Marvel character should be given a chance. She-Hulk? Scarlet Witch? Ms. Marvel?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What in the wide world is going on? In another thread, DaveF had Sean's avatar, and now I'm seeing Dave's for Sean in this thread! Is it April already? Edit: never mind. iPhone quirk? Avatars seem to be back to normal.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Jose, SpiderWoman seems to be the popular choice. Seems a Black Widow movie is also a possibility.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think a Captain (Ms) Marvel movie could be pretty cool. It could have Carol Danvers as an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. or maybe S.W.O.R.D. as she gets swept up in a cosmic adventure/war with Captain Marvel (Mar-vel). Then in the third act Captain Marvel could die and pass on his powers to Danvers. Or something.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
An interesting RUMOR about Marvel's plans for the Hulk in Phase 3. http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174817-is-marvel-studios-planning-a-planet-hulk-feature Be warned if you read the actual Latino Review article or watch the guy's video. The guy comes off as a total douche. Anyway, the basic idea of the rumor is that an event at the end of Avengers 2 would set up a Planet Hulk adaptation for Phase 3 in The Incredible Hulk 2 and an adaptation of elements of World War Hulk for Avengers 3. Interesting rumor. I actually haven't read these comics, but I am familiar with the basic premise of the stories. If they do use this material it would obviously have to just be a loose adaptation in order to fit into the existing Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially considering Hulk's heroic path in The Avengers.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Originally Posted by Sean Bryan
An interesting RUMOR about Marvel's plans for the Hulk in Phase 3.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174817-is-marvel-studios-planning-a-planet-hulk-feature
Be warned if you read the actual Latino Review article or watch the guy's video. The guy comes off as a total douche.
Anyway, the basic idea of the rumor is that an event at the end of Avengers 2 would set up a Planet Hulk adaptation for Phase 3 in The Incredible Hulk 2 and an adaptation of elements of World War Hulk for Avengers 3.
Interesting rumor. I actually haven't read these comics, but I am familiar with the basic premise of the stories. If they do use this material it would obviously have to just be a loose adaptation in order to fit into the existing Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially considering Hulk's heroic path in The Avengers.
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway
I'd love a Planet Hulk movie. Bring it, I say.
So, it's obvious why The Silver Surfer can't be part of this. Will Marvel go with Beta Ray Bill again? Or maybe one of the Guardians of the Galaxy? Or another cosmic character? Nova?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
more news about Ant-Man http://collider.com/edgar-wright-ant-man-marvel/
Speaking with IGN, Wright explained that while he was eager to make Ant-Man, he wanted to make Scott Pilgriim vs. The World and complete his Blood & Ice Cream Trilogy with the upcoming The World’s End first: “I’ve been collaborating with [Marvel boss] Kevin [Feige] during the whole of that cycle. I think people have always assumed… ‘Oh why is it taking so long to make?’ Part of it is because I wanted to make two other movies first. I wanted to make World’s End… me and Simon were very keen to make it and it felt like it was unfinished business and we wanted to wrap up the trilogy. The script came together really fast. Well not really fast, but it came together at a certain point where it was like ‘I really want to do this next.’”

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Great interview here with Joss Whedon
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176445-joss-whedon-teases-more-avengers-2-details
"I have finished a draft and I'm redoing it now. I think it's in really good shape. We're in a very good place," he said.
When they asked him if he felt pressure to top the first film, he offered this response.
"I try not to think of it as topping it. I try to think of this as its own movie. Sometime yeah, I feel pressure and by the way, Shane (Black) not helping, Iron Man 3 not helping, because I saw this and man he really got it right. But when you're in the story and you're dealing with these characters that you love, that everybody loves, when you've got the new characters sliding in next to them it's very exciting. Then I don't feel pressure, it's like I'm reading my favorite comic."
New characters you say? Whedon offered a few more details about who these might be.
"I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."
The only brother-sister combo that we can think of is Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. While Whedon could just be having fun at the expense of the online community, it is likely that these characters could appear in the sequel as Marvel shares the rights with Fox.
Overall though, Whedon says he is having fun with the sequel.
"It's going really well, eventually someone will explain to me that it's not and pull me out of my bubble. I've been writing and meeting with actors and we're starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun."
The subject of the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series also came up.
"Well there's no update in terms of they haven't said 'Go and make many of these for it shall be on the air.' We've finished the pilot, Agent Coulson is in it, and we will explain why in the pilot. It is wonderful and he is phenomenal in it. We should find out in the very near future whether or not everyone else gets to enjoy it as much as we already have."
Edit: Oops! Just realized this info is Phase 2 and the thread is Phase 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks